Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

The point about Cush in the 2nd is that there will be someone good in the 3rd. It isn't like C is a priority. 

This is the computer picks using the Miller list. I selected for Denver.

32: CB TREVON DIGGS ALABAMA
63: DL RAEKWON DAVIS ALABAMA
96: RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
138: LB JACOB PHILLIPS LSU
177: TE DALTON KEENE VIRGINIA TECH

One more with the user priority

32: CB KRISTIAN FULTON LSU
63: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
96: G ROBERT HUNT LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE
138: EDGE KENNY WILLEKES MICHIGAN STATE
177: OT HAKEEM ADENIJI KANSAS

I have reservations about Fulton. Like Peters a few years ago, he has off field issues but a ton of talent to go with it. Willekes is a nice get at #96. He's a steal a round later.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The point about Cush in the 2nd is that there will be someone good in the 3rd. It isn't like C is a priority. 

This is the computer picks using the Miller list. I selected for Denver.

32: CB TREVON DIGGS ALABAMA
63: DL RAEKWON DAVIS ALABAMA
96: RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
138: LB JACOB PHILLIPS LSU
177: TE DALTON KEENE VIRGINIA TECH

One more with the user priority

32: CB KRISTIAN FULTON LSU
63: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
96: G ROBERT HUNT LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE
138: EDGE KENNY WILLEKES MICHIGAN STATE
177: OT HAKEEM ADENIJI KANSAS

I have reservations about Fulton. Like Peters a few years ago, he has off field issues but a ton of talent to go with it. Willekes is a nice get at #96. He's a steal a round later.

J

This is why i really like Cesar Ruiz he can play C and Guard,  Our center did improve this year but hes not great though same with our Guards. Ruiz is a 1st early 2nd rounder, Cush and Biadadz or however you spell it should be 2-3rd rounders and I doubt they slide to the 4th.

Late first, early 2nd is about right for Ruiz. Cush has fallen to upper 3rd round and Biadasz to mid 4th byMiller's list, which is the best available to OTC. 

It's instructive to look at what we would get just sitting still. Purely our picks from the Big Board:

32. OT Josh Jones Houston
63. DL Justin Madubuike Texas A&M
96. WR Bryan Edwards South Carolina
138. EDGE Kenny Willekes Michigan State
177. S L'Jarius Sneed Louisiana Tech

J

That's just an 'I dunno' shrug.

Another name recently is Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn, even though he's a mid-to-late 2nd round talent and the wrong physical type. I'm surprised we have not seen Kristian Fulton. He's a big CB with serious talent, but also character issues. I have seen him anywhere from the teens to the 50s. If I was doing a published draft, it would be DB, Edge, DT, IOL. When the time comes, I mostly expect to see some form of pass rush help. 

Cesar Ruiz is the 4th highest rated OL in the draft according to NFL.com. He's the HIGHEST RATED interior lineman. I'd be happy with that. He can play any interior lineman position which is a need for us too.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/OL?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2020

Edited by mayanfootball
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Seeing more than a few Mocks giving D'Andre Swift to the Chiefs. Guess i'm OK with that. But I realize it's a BPA pick, not one for need really.

yea I watched a few videos of the guy hes pretty shifty and looks like a great back, we gotta fix that line to maximize his effectiveness.

This is based on our current roster and assuming we make no other moves until post draft. Yes this is unlikely, but it's where we stand right now.

Matt Miller board, Steve needs, difficult. To avoid "reaching" for players that I really like, I won't take someone unless they're ranked within 7 spots of my pick, unless they fell.

32: R1P32
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
63: R2P31
RB ZACK MOSS
UTAH
96: R3P32
TE BRYCEN HOPKINS
PURDUE
138: R4P32
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
177: R5P31
G LOGAN STENBERG
KENTUCKY

CB is our biggest need and someone will fall to us here. Gladney should start opposite Ward day one.

Moss should start early, but he'll likely get eased into our offense with Williams returning. Should be starter next year when Williams' deal is up.

Hopkins would be a great #2 and allow our offense to open up even more. Also, the board fell terribly here for my self-imposed 7 slot restriction. Could take over for Kelce in a couple years.

I refuse to believe that Biadasz will far this far. Yes, it's a deep class. But he's being overlooked now since not participating in the combine. Would take over next year at C when Reiter's contract is up.

Stenberg will be good depth and potentially allow us to move LDT if we need the cap space. He's a good player but I would have liked to have gone with a different position. The board here was way worse than the 3rd round.

Edited by kingseanjohn

53 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

This is based on our current roster and assuming we make no other moves until post draft. Yes this is unlikely, but it's where we stand right now.

Matt Miller board, Steve needs, difficult. To avoid "reaching" for players that I really like, I won't take someone unless they're ranked within 7 spots of my pick, unless they fell.

32: R1P32
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
63: R2P31
RB ZACK MOSS
UTAH
96: R3P32
TE BRYCEN HOPKINS
PURDUE
138: R4P32
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
177: R5P31
G LOGAN STENBERG
KENTUCKY

CB is our biggest need and someone will fall to us here. Gladney should start opposite Ward day one.

Moss should start early, but he'll likely get eased into our offense with Williams returning. Should be starter next year when Williams' deal is up.

Hopkins would be a great #2 and allow our offense to open up even more. Also, the board fell terribly here for my self-imposed 7 slot restriction. Could take over for Kelce in a couple years.

I refuse to believe that Biadasz will far this far. Yes, it's a deep class. But he's being overlooked now since not participating in the combine. Would take over next year at C when Reiter's contract is up.

Stenberg will be good depth and potentially allow us to move LDT if we need the cap space. He's a good player but I would have liked to have gone with a different position. The board here was way worse than the 3rd round.

Not sure I like pick 2 and 3 but I could live with this draft.

At #63 the hope is for Jordan Brooks, but he's probably gone. Noah Igbinoghene is a mid rounder that might slide. For DT, this is the area for Raekwon Davis, Jordan Elliott, Justin Madubuike. For edge rush Josh Uche, Terrell Lewis, Bradlee Anae. It's not a good area for OL, but Isaiah Wilson might be there. 

At #96, if you want a  TE, Albert Okwuegbunam ought to be available, also the two Bryants, Harrison and Hunter. It's a good place for OL. Simpson might slide, Naing, Robert Hunt, Ezra Cleveland, Ben Bartch. At RB Darrynton Evans. There are several DB in this area. 

I'd stack this one against it.

32: DL A.J. EPENESA IOWA 
63: LB JORDYN BROOKS TEXAS TECH
96: TE ADAM TRAUTMAN DAYTON 
138: RB KE'SHAWN VAUGHN VANDERBILT
177: C DARRYL WILLIAMS MISSISSIPPI STATE

J

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Who would be better than Moss and Hopkins?

let me try and redo your draft. 1st is just re picks of the two mentioned, 2nd draft will be my draft for all picks.

63. JK Dobins was there for me other options were DL Raewon Davis or QB Jalen Hurts (Purely because I think Chad sucks and he is our #2)

96. TE Adam Troutman or G Damien Lewis

My Draft

1. C/G Cesar Ruiz  we need to protect PM2 and better IOL will help with the run game and might not even need to draft a RB with a better line.

2. G John Simpson IOL is now rebuilt.

3. LB Logan Wilson

4. C Tyler Biadasz wow he has fallen off a cliff to be here but most centers have dropped quite a bit.  This draft fixes are IOL for the next 5 years at least. I was not targeting C here but I couldn't pass the value this is a steal.

5. LB Evan Weaver- yea I got two LB;s but can cover and both could start very soon.

• Like 1