Season Finale GDT: Bears @ Vikings

beardown3231

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Wentz's decline is because he's had no one to throw to all year. Agholor missed 6 games. Jeffery missed 7 games (shocking, I know). Jackson missed 13 games. 

Trubisky needs more than someone in his ***. He needs a sports psychologist and someone to help him throw for him.

Still had 100+ targets to Ertz, another 80+ to Goedert, etc.

Here's the quote I was referencing:

Carson played his best ball when DeFilippo was coaching him,’’ a personnel executive for an AFC team said. “Because John would get in his (butt). John and Reich had a good cop-bad cop thing going on.

“Reich would be the good cop and pat Carson on the butt, but Flip would stay on Carson and kept him on point and had him playing his best football. Personally, I think that’s what he needs right now, what he’s been lacking since (DeFilippo) left. Hard coaching. Right now, he’s got everybody there kissing his butt and that’s not helping him become a better player.’’

None of what was said is wrong, and only those inside the NovaCare Complex truly know just how hard Press Taylor and Mike Groh push Wentz to get better. The numbers this season tell a tale of a quarterback who seems to press in the biggest moments and who hasn’t taken the next step in his path to greatness."

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

Still had 100+ targets to Ertz, another 80+ to Goedert, etc.

Here's the quote I was referencing:

Carson played his best ball when DeFilippo was coaching him,’’ a personnel executive for an AFC team said. “Because John would get in his (butt). John and Reich had a good cop-bad cop thing going on.

“Reich would be the good cop and pat Carson on the butt, but Flip would stay on Carson and kept him on point and had him playing his best football. Personally, I think that’s what he needs right now, what he’s been lacking since (DeFilippo) left. Hard coaching. Right now, he’s got everybody there kissing his butt and that’s not helping him become a better player.’’

None of what was said is wrong, and only those inside the NovaCare Complex truly know just how hard Press Taylor and Mike Groh push Wentz to get better. The numbers this season tell a tale of a quarterback who seems to press in the biggest moments and who hasn’t taken the next step in his path to greatness."

I don't know what 180+ targets for the two TE's have to do with anything. You still need healthy and good receivers and some continuity with them to have success.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't know what 180+ targets for the two TE's have to do with anything. You still need healthy and good receivers and some continuity with them to have success.

It was in response to you saying "he's had no one to throw to all year".

You need some good WRs, sure, but TEs make this system go.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

So we're entirely chalking this up to DeFilippo's absence, huh? KC would be good without Hill and Hardman but this good? I doubt it

Nah, 'entirely' would be a stretch. I see it the same as the league executive's quoted text above.

I think he'd bring a fresh set of eyes and perspective to the QB room. I honestly don't know WTF Dave Ragone brings to the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Lose for Lawrence

Simple as that :)

I swear if you get Lawrence I’m going to be p***ed lol

Im over here trying to convince my forum that we have to do whatever it takes to get that guy.   Go away.  Draft someone this year.  We will give you Cousins for a 1st?

Also, good game. As usual, we come up short when we play a decent team.  Good Luck next season. Ours will be over next week.  

Edited by Torchezim
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Im over here trying to convince my forum that we have to do whatever it takes to get that guy.   Go away.  Draft someone this year.  We will give you Cousins for a 1st?

Also, good game. As usual, we come up short when we play a decent team.  Good Luck next season. Ours will be over next week.  

It won't happen except on Madden. 

Nice to dream though right? I also pretend we find a way to talk to Andrew Luck and trade for his rights. 

15 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Cousins will always keep you like 12 picks away from picking a top fledge qb 

9 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Do we though? I mean 12-4 and 8-8 isn't going to get you a top draft pick QB. We need Matt Barkley for that.

We would still need to make a trade but I'm not overly confident Tru takes a step back in the right direction or that the OL plays at least at an average level, and that again puts a ton of stress on a defense that may lose some talent.