CFB Playoffs | Peach Bowl | #4 Oklahoma vs #1 LSU

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this semifinal playoff game?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this semifinal playoff game?

• #4 Oklahoma
    • #1 LSU

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Except they did, spectacularly. Or does performance in the "playoff" not count because it's inconvenient? 

Did anyone actually expect this to be a game?  Because I certainly didn't.

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bold, yet somewhat unfounded. Alabama played LSU close enough to fall within any statistical margin of error for a rematch. Georgia is no slouch. LSU didn't play Oregon, so we can't definitively say either way on that. It's conjecture at best, not authoritative reasoning 

Alabama with Tua Tagovailoa lost by 7 points.  Alabama without Tua isn't the same type of contender.  If you think Alabama is in that game without Tua, you're mistaken IMO.  Georgia is probably the only one who might have an argument.  Oregon lost to Arizona State AND Auburn.  Oregon had every opportunity to walk into that 4th spot, and they choked against Oregon.  Plain and simple.

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

How do you know this? What are you basing it off of? Clemson played an easy schedule, and one of Ohio St's toughest opponents just went wire to wire with MEMPHIS. If LSU doormats Clemson, there would have been only 1 elite team this year- in which case why even have a playoff ever again? You're claiming 3 elite teams via speculation while creating a logical fallacy. 

Have you not been watching CFB this year?  There's been 2 elite teams (Ohio State and LSU) and a 3rd team that most thought was an elite team, but didn't have the track record that the others did.  There were 3 elite teams in CFB this year (if you exclude a Tua-less Alabama), I can't believe you'd argue otherwise.  LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson have been in the top 4 for large chunk of the season.

I'll bite.  @ronjon1990 who deserved that 4th spot?

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Did anyone actually expect this to be a game?

Because I certainly Oregon had every opportunity to walk into that 4th spot, and they choked against Oregon.  Plain and simple.

Have you not been watching CFB this year?  There's been 2 elite teams (Ohio State and LSU) and a 3rd team that most thought was an elite team, but didn't have the track record that the others did.  There were 3 elite teams in CFB this year. 

You yourself said Oklahoma didn't choke, but others did. That has nothing to do with whether or not anyone thought it would be a competitive game.

Oregon choked against Oregon? Hot damn. That's impressive enough to warrant a 1 seed, if only for the entertainment value, no? And you ask me if I've watched CFB this year. 😂

You're still using speculation and conjecture about the number of elite teams this year though. 

I'm usually not interested in arguing over who deserved a 4th seeding in an argument over expanding the field. It's counter productive. But to entertain it- I would argue that all things considered, Oregon, Georgia, Florida, maybe Penn St, possibly Wisconsin, Alabama even sans Tua- gee, I've named these teams already in the thread so this really is an exercise in futility- all could have an argument that they were a better team than Oklahoma was despite having 2 losses. 

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You yourself said Oklahoma didn't choke, but others did. That has nothing to do with whether or not anyone thought it would be a competitive game.

Then you and I have different ideas of what chokes are.  Chokes (at least for me) are when you're expected to be competitive and/or win a game, and you get blown out.  Did you think Oklahoma was going to compete with LSU?  Because I certainly didn't.  My cousin is an LSU fan, and I even told him myself that I thought that it'd be at least a 3+ score game by the end of it, and if it wasn't I'd be disappointed in LSU.  That's coming from an OU fan.  I had no expectations that this was going to be a game.  I'm not sure who did.

Oregon choked against Oregon? Hot damn. That's impressive enough to warrant a 1 seed, if only for the entertainment value, no? And you ask me if I've watched CFB this year. 😂

You're still using speculation and conjecture about the number of elite teams this year though. 

You know damn well what I'm talking about.  You don't have any counterpoints or points of logic, so you're trying every fallacy in the brook.  Keep it up.

I'm usually not interested in arguing over who deserved a 4th seeding in an argument over expanding the field. It's counter productive. But to entertain it- I would argue that all things considered, Oregon, Georgia, Florida, maybe Penn St, possibly Wisconsin, Alabama even sans Tua- gee, I've named these teams already in the thread so this really is an exercise in futility- all could have an argument that they were a better team than Oklahoma was despite having 2 losses. 

Because it's counterproductive to the argument you made.  Every other P5 team had at least 2 losses.  If you don't want Oklahoma in the playoffs, don't lose multiple games.  It really isn't a strange concept.  In the 6 years the NCAAF playoffs have been a thing, we have NEVER seen a 2-loss team in the playoffs.  That's the nail in the coffin.  Oregon doesn't lose to Arizona State, it's probably in the playoffs.  Georgia doesn't lose to South Carolina, it's probably in the playoffs.