Week 17: Giants vs. Shegals @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

The final game of the season. THANK FREAKIN GOD. This has been a season to forget. In my almost 30 yrs as a Giants fan, this team has been amongst the very worst I have ever seen. The offense offers a glimmer of hope at times, especially with DJ at the helm. But this defense has been so bad its on a historic new level of suck. That being said, this game will possibly determine the fates of Shurmur, Gettleman, Bettcher (just stamp fired on his ticket at halftime) and the entire slew coaches that were brought in in the last 2 years. Steve Tisch is not a happy camper at all with whats transpired and when 1/2 men whom cuts the checks says im not happy... ya VERY bad. This Eagles team is much more energized than the last time we played them. We almost snuck out a win the last time we got together. Im not so sure that happens this time around. After the emotion they showed against the Cowboys last week and with them being able to determine their fate against us, I don't know if we can beat them. DJ had his best overall game of his young career last week against the Skins and id love to see him duplicate that to finish this season out, but this defence he is facing this week is gonna be gunning for him. Well see whats in store. Im thinking ….

Eagles - 38 / Giants 31 

Edited by Giants4eva

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

The final game of the season. THANK FREAKIN GOD. This has been a season to forget. In my almost 30 yrs as a Giants fan, this team has been amongst the very worst I have ever seen. The offense offers a glimmer of hope at times, especially with DJ at the helm. But this defense has been so bad its on a historic new level of suck. That being said, this game will possibly determine the fates of Shurmur, Gettleman, Bettcher (just stamp fired on his ticket at halftime) and the entire slew coaches that were brought in in the last 2 years. Steve Tisch is not a happy camper at all with whats transpired and when 1/2 men whom cuts the checks says im not happy... ya VERY bad. This Eagles team is much more energized than the last time we played them. We almost snuck out a win the last time we got together. Im not so sure that happens this time around. After the emotion they showed against the Cowboys last week and with them being able to determine their fate against us, I don't know if we can beat them. DJ had his best overall game of his young career last week against the Skins and id love to see him duplicate that to finish this season out, but this defence he is facing this week is gonna be gunning for him. Well see whats in store. Im thinking ….

Eagles - 38 / Giants 31 

Would love to see the G Men get the W here. I don't think Philly's win last week was as much their play as it was how horribly Dallas played. Especially the offense. When the WRs were open they dropped passes. When they looked prime to catch a pass Prescott was nowhere near on target. Then on critical plays like 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 going into the red zone, they kept Zeke on the bench???

4th an 8 with the game, possibly the season on the line, Cooper and Cobb are on the sidelines???

Just smh. 

But, considering it took OT for their 1st win, I think the NYG get the upset 27-21.

As much as I'd love to knock the Eagles out of the playoffs (and Lord knows we owe them more then a few paybacks)... the notion of knocking out Philly just to let Dallas in doesn't sit well with me. And of course winning this would put our draft position at 5. And also possibly save Shurmur and DG. Just doesn't seem worth it. I hope for a close, well played, competitive game where DJ throws 5 TD's but the Birds just squeak out a W. Then they lose horribly in the 1st round B|

Eagles: 38
Gmen: 35

Edited by Shockey1979

First and foremost I’d like to see DJ break or tie the rookie passing TD record. As much as I’d hate to let Dallas back their way in, I’m rooting for a win. Philly has been a pain in the butt for so long, and this would just be a wonderful F U. Having it delivered by Daniel Jones would be a great way to end the season. We’re out of the Chase for Young, and I saw that winning will cost us only 1 draft position. 

16 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Chase Young could still happen! Don't let your dreams stay dreams! xD

It could. But at this point wed need to lose, the Redskins to win and the Lions to beat the Packers.. Not out of the realm of possibility. Me personally im passed the Chase Young winner take all scenario. The more i see things the more i keep saying trade down and allocate more picks is the right way to go. Trade down but still stay in the top 10 and we will still come away with a top talent.