12/29 - The Backup Bowl GDT: Steelers @ Ravens

AFlaccoSeagulls

Come here to discuss how the Ravens are going to end the Steelers' playoff hopes while playing our backups and Trace McSorely.

Game day questions and predictions:

1. Will the Ravens break the all-time rushing yards record?
  2. Who will be the leading receiver this game?
  3. Will Gus Edwards have 2 rushing TD's?
  4. Which Ravens player will intercept Duck Hodges first?
    1. When will the first INT from Hodges happen: on the opening drive or the second drive?
  5. How many sacks will the Ravens defense get?
  6. Did Ben Roethlisberger eat Brett Keisel and assume his identity?
  7. Will Trace McSorely score a touchdown?
  8. Over/Under 15 camera pans to the sidelines to talk about Lamar Jackson
  • Like 2

1&3. I think an excellent component to this game would be the defensive secondary forcing Duck Hodges into turning the ball over. Gus Edwards isn’t known as a guy to fumble and turn the ball over (he did struggle with Lamar at the mesh point last season so it’ll be interesting to see how he looks with RG3 in that role) so if we can get some short fields and some quick scores by way of turnovers that would be a definite boon. Could allow us to really go run heavy. Obviously I’m sure the coaches won’t try and go against their game plan to make sure they get this rushing record or to get the 200 yards rushing average milestone, but you’d imagine that it has to be at least in the back of their minds, I mean it has to be human nature I’d imagine. Gus Edwards is also potentially criminally underrated, I expect him to use this game to make a statement. He’s got fresh legs, he typically always grinds out at least 3-4 yards a carry and this season he’s added an increased ability to make some longer runs happen, he’s had better vision at the second level. So I definitely think we get the rushing record, but I’m still not sure about the milestone. That will depend on what Justice Hill can accomplish. If Hill can have a big game, I think perhaps it means RB in the draft might be something we decide to wait until another offseason to address. I’ll predict that we score 24 points in this game and I’ll go with a Hayden Hurst TD, a Gus Edwards TD, and a Seth Roberts TD.

2. Along that note on Seth Roberts, I think he’s the leading receiver in this game. He seems to have those reliable hands along with enough speed to really make some plays. I don’t think we see much if any of Hollywood Brown in this game outside of an injury. I won’t sleep on Miles Boykin also having a game. I think Hurst finds a way to make a few plays as you know he’s chomping at the bits to make a statement in this game. But ultimately I think Roberts makes a big plays and a few other solid plays through the course of the game that gives him the receiving yards top spot.

4. Thinking INT candidates will be Chuck Clark, Tyus Bowser, Marcus Peters... but I’m going to go with the first pick coming from a very unexpected source. I think the team has Jimmy Smith sit this game out to make sure he’s healthy for the playoffs and taking his spot in the lineup will be one Anthony Averrett... who shocks us all as he gets his head around while providing his usual tight coverage and then picks off his royal Duckness. Calling it happening on the second drive after some success moving the ball down the field, Duck on the first drive goes 3 and out.

5. Four sacks: Bowser gets 2, Judon gets 1, Humphrey gets 1

6. I’m Ron Bergundy?

7. No, he’s not a heisman winner, so no heisman package. See the game being close enough that he doesn’t see time. Unless they REALLY don’t care about this game. While you could argue there’s value in letting Trace gain valuable NFL experience against an elite defense playing playoff caliber football/intensity, there’s a lot more value to be had in letting RG3 ball out and potentially looking to flip that value for a mid round pick to a team that’s not happy with their QB situation and looking for a potentially cheap fix.

8. So just 4 pan-ins a quarter? I’ll take the over for sure... assuming my understanding of gambling is correct.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Come here to discuss how the Ravens are going to end the Steelers' playoff hopes while playing our backups and Trace McSorely.

Game day questions and predictions:

1. Will the Ravens break the all-time rushing yards record? Yes
  2. Who will be the leading receiver this game? Hayden Hurst (Because I still believe)
  3. Will Gus Edwards have 2 rushing TD's? Yes
  4. Which Ravens player will intercept Duck Hodges first? Marcus Peters
    1. When will the first INT from Hodges happen: on the opening drive or the second drive? Third drive
  5. How many sacks will the Ravens defense get? 4 sacks
  6. Did Ben Roethlisberger eat Brett Keisel and assume his identity? If only I knew who that was...
  7. Will Trace McSorely score a touchdown? No
  8. Over/Under 15 camera pans to the sidelines to talk about Lamar Jackson Yes, and quite a few more

And that's the bottomline because I said so!

And for the record, we're gonna break the 200 yards rushing and passing average per game thing! Because I need it to happen!

I want to see what we have in Powers and I hope he plays at Yandas spot. I can't understand if we chose to play Ehinger or Grassu, and if we do that will be a bad sign that Powers is far away from a roster spot and we want to see our immediate backups for PO in action

• Like 2