12/29 - The Backup Bowl GDT: Steelers @ Ravens

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

Just in the general direction of the football during the play. Especially if the player hasn't gone to the ground

I tried to look up the rule on google but looking up "NFL" and "punch" gets a lot of Ray Rice-ish results. 

I guess its striking with Watt because his punch is a legit boxer/MMA power punch without much windup. They might have to revisit the rule. Like how the head slap used to be legal.  

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Teams have been trying that all season. Lamar isn't easy to get clean hits on.

It’s a little different, a lot of other teams freeze at the mesh point... Steelers have man responsibility and are just hitting hitting the QB regardless. That said, the man crashing so aggressively has been countered by Roman with the counter and its led to huge runs because of it. Lamar would take abuse, but it would open up the rushing attack for the rushing attack.

That said the Steelers have been getting away with it in run handoffs as well which I’m sure the Ravens will send those plays to the league office and the refs will be instructed to better protect Lamar come playoff time from those plays. So the abuse RG3 is taking in this game from the Steelers will likely open up things for us in the post season and prevent Lamar from taking quite as much damage.

Well this is interesting. Currently the Ravens might end up averaging more rushing yards for the year than passing yards. As it stands if they finish with more than 71 yards difference between passing and rushing than they would average more for the season... have to wonder when the last time that has happened in NFL history.