Would a SB this year mean more for Rodgers or Brees’ legacy?

DirtyDez

Now that Brees has stat records it means more to Rodgers imo. Brees will likely go down as the stat king for a decade assuming Brady doesn’t play a whole lot longer than him. A ring for Brees would probably push him into the lower half of the top 10 where is is already kinda close to anyways 

Rodgers it would help a lot more in All Time talks 

On 12/27/2019 at 1:56 AM, Malfatron said:

means more for Rodgers

Brees already has many volume stats

AR is having an average year. He needs it more

plus, its 1 more than Favre

Of course Rodgers is younger than Brees so he should have more opportunities in the future where as Brees is older and closer to retirement.  Brees might be in better shape physically today.  Aaron has taken more of a beating than Drew has so perhaps it might mean more to AR this year.   I do think Brees' team is better than the Packers this year so he has a better shot this season.

No dog in the NFC race but I think neither make it to the superbowl but Brees has locked in his legacy as he was never expected to amount to much considering he was not a 1st round pick and his knock was height. Being passed over by Rivers who has yet to sniff a superbowl in his career and made something of it in NOLA. Getting to the Superbowl or not Brees is one of the better qbs in history. So Rodgers definitely needs a superbowl run in order to add to his legacy to even be brought up in the last 20 years let alone in history. 

16 hours ago, RussianJag said:

Weird how people forget about Peyton. 

I did not forget about Manning. He was a bad playoff QB and a 2nd impressive ring from either guy puts them ahead of Peyton.

• Manning had 3 TDs and 7 picks in his Indy SB run and then he had 5 TDs and 3 picks when he was carried to his other Super Bowl in Denver.
  • His  offenses averaged a net 12 points per game in those 4 Super Bowls.
  • He is the king of 1 and done with NINE of them.
  • He did throw the game deciding TD in the 2009 Super Bowl... but it was to a Saint.
  • Manning has 5 TD passes in 4 Super Bowls 
    • 3 to his teams and 2 to the other team
    • His ratings in those games were 81.8, 88.5, 73.5, and 56.6
      • He's the anti-Joe Montana in Super Bowls

If you need more tiebreakers then Brees and Rodgers each earned a SB MVP on merit. Peyton won a popularity contest over Rhodes, Addai, the O-line, and Hayden.

Career SB Passer Ratings:

• Montana 127.8
  • Wilson 117.4
  • Brees 114.5
  • Bradshaw 112.8
  • Aikman 111.9
  • Rodgers 111.5
  • Brady 96.5
  • Eli 96.2
  • Peyton 77.4

Playoff Game Winning Drives

• Brady 13
    • Brady has as many playoff GWD when trailing by 10+ in the 4th quarter of Super Bowls as Manning does in his entire career.
  • Montana 5
    • Montana has as many playoff GWD as a KC Chief as Manning does in his career
  • Eli 5
    • 2 in Super Bowls
  • Wilson 4
  • Bradshaw 4
  • Brees 3
  • Rodgers 2
  • Peyton 2
  • Aikman 1

16 hours ago, Pugger said:

Of course Rodgers is younger than Brees so he should have more opportunities in the future where as Brees is older and closer to retirement.  Brees might be in better shape physically today.  Aaron has taken more of a beating than Drew has so perhaps it might mean more to AR this year.   I do think Brees' team is better than the Packers this year so he has a better shot this season.

I’m not sure the Saints are better than the Packers.  Offensively they are sure, but Packers defense looks better at the right time of the season.  Saints defense is riddled with injuries, and it’s questionable how good they are even fully healthy.  

If the Packers get home field, I think they have the best chance of making the super bowl.

21 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Something to consider is that statistically, Brees and Brady have both outlived their shelf life by many years. What they are currently doing is history...through the long history of the NFL, they have consistently played at an elite level much longer than any other QB. And the truth is that Rodgers is also reaching the end of his shelf life. There is no guarantee that he is an elite QB a few years from now.

He hasn't been an elite QB in like 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

That was my first thought too.  Neither of these guys is the QB that Peyton Manning was.  Recency bias at it's best. 

He definitely belongs in the conversation but of course that would derail this thread. There is already a Brees vs Manning thread and that’s probably where that conversation should take place. 

• Like 1