Who will be every teams starting QB next season?

BayRaider

Going to be more teams with different starting QBs more than most years.

AFC North:

Bengals: Joe Burrow

Browns: Baker Mayfield

Steelers: Big Ben

Ravens: Lamar Jackson

AFC South:

Colts - Derek Carr (2nd Round Pick Trade)

Texans - Deshaun Watson

Titans - Ryan Tannehil

Jaguars - Jacob Eason

AFC East:

Patriots - 1. Andy Dalton 2. Jake Fromm (Patriots trade a 3rd and 4th for Dalton)

Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa

Bills - Josh Allen

Jets - Sam Darnold

AFC West:

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Broncos - Drew Lock

Raiders - Philip Rivers

Chargers - Tom Brady

NFC North:

Packers - Aaron Rodgers

Vikings - Kirk Cousins

Bears - Cam Newton

Lions - Matt Stafford

NFC South:

Falcons - Matt Ryan

Saints - Drew Brees

Buccaneers - Jameis Winston (Franchise Tag)

Panthers - Teddy Bridgewater

NFC East:

Cowboys - Dak Prescott (Franchise Tag)

Eagles - Carson Wentz

Giants - Daniel Jones

Redskins - Dwayne Haskins

NFC West:

49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo

Seahawks - Russell Wilson

Cardinals - Kyler Murray

Rams - Jared Goff

Pats: Brady

Fins: Bridgewater

Jets: Darnold

Bills: Josh Allen

Lers: Big Ben

Bengals: Burrow

Browns: Mayfield

Ravens: Jackson

Jags: Minshew

Colts: Dalton/Love

Texans: Watson

Titans: Tannehill

Chiefs: Mahomies 

Broncos: Lock

Chargers: Rivers

Raiders: Hurts

Iggles: Wentz

Giants: Jones

Boys: Prescott

Skins: Haskins

Vikes: Cousins

Pack: Rodgers

Bears: Newton

Lions: Stafford

Saints: Breeze

Panthers: Carr

Bucs: Winston

Falcons: Ryan

Seahawks: Wilson

Cards: Murray

Rams: Goof

49ers: Jimmy G

I don't see Brady going to another team. I also won't be surprised if the Saints QB next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Brees broke the touchdown record this year, and has a decent shot at another Super Bowl this year. If we make it, my guess is Brees retires. I suppose even if we don't make it, I won't be surprised if he retires.

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't see Brady going to another team. I also won't be surprised if the Saints QB next year is Teddy Bridgewater. Brees broke the touchdown record this year, and has a decent shot at another Super Bowl this year. If we make it, my guess is Brees retires. I suppose even if we don't make it, I won't be surprised if he retires.

I agree about Brady.  He's not going anywhere.  

Brees will definitely retire if he wins the Super Bowl.  He might still retire if he doesn't.  

He should though.  

Both him and Brady are getting too old.  

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I agree about Brady.  He's not going anywhere.  

Brees will definitely retire if he wins the Super Bowl.  He might still retire if he doesn't.  

He should though.  

Both him and Brady are getting too old.  

It's getting close for both, but honestly, Brees still hasn't dropped off much.  He hasn't thrown deep for the past 3 years, and his arm has been getting weaker for longer than that.  He's played at a high level despite that, so I don't really see that as a problem.  It's still not as weak as Peyton the last few years of his career, and he had multiple chances to win the superbowl.

The problem is going to be the Saints staying a good enough team to be a contender.  There are a lot of guys gonna be looking to get paid soon. The window is almost closed, and there is no reason for Brees to come back to a team that won't be a contender.  But on the flip side, he may want to milk another year out of Thomas and Kamara and rack up as many stats as possible.  

21 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

It's getting close for both, but honestly, Brees still hasn't dropped off much.  He hasn't thrown deep for the past 3 years, and his arm has been getting weaker for longer than that.  He's played at a high level despite that, so I don't really see that as a problem.  It's still not as weak as Peyton the last few years of his career, and he had multiple chances to win the superbowl.

The problem is going to be the Saints staying a good enough team to be a contender.  There are a lot of guys gonna be looking to get paid soon. The window is almost closed, and there is no reason for Brees to come back to a team that won't be a contender.  But on the flip side, he may want to milk another year out of Thomas and Kamara and rack up as many stats as possible.  

Yeah, Brees is still playing at a high level, I agree. 

But, his performance now at 40 is probably not good enough to win the Super Bowl with how the league looks today.  

You put up New Orleans against either KC or Baltimore in the Super Bowl.  

I would love to see Brees go out with another Super Bowl, but the chances are not likely with guys like Mahomes and Jackson strictly because of their youth.  

Mahomes outplayed Brady last year in the AFC championship.  He would have been in the Super Bowl if it weren't for the lousy overtime rules.  

Mahomes could do the same and outplay Brees if he wants to.  

But, that's even assuming if New Orleans gets to the Super Bowl.  

Brees will have to go up against guys like Russell Wilson or Jimmy Garoppolo, even more youth.  

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah, Brees is still playing at a high level, I agree. 

But, his performance now at 40 is probably not good enough to win the Super Bowl with how the league looks today.  

You put up New Orleans against either KC or Baltimore in the Super Bowl.  

I would love to see Brees go out with another Super Bowl, but the chances are not likely with guys like Mahomes and Jackson strictly because of their youth.  

Mahomes outplayed Brady last year in the AFC championship.  He would have been in the Super Bowl if it weren't for the lousy overtime rules.  

Mahomes could do the same and outplay Brees if he wants to.  

But, that's even assuming if New Orleans gets to the Super Bowl.  

Brees will have to go up against guys like Russell Wilson or Jimmy Garoppolo, even more youth.  

Eh, if the Saints get hot they can win a superbowl with Brees.  Brees is too old to carry garbage anywhere, but he doesn't have to if the team steps up to their potential.

He might get outplayed by Mahomes or Jackson, that's very probable, but if the Saints outplay the Chiefs or Ravens, they can win.  The best QB doesn't always win the superbowl, and Brees is still playing at a high enough level that it would be near impossible to upgrade.  Teddy B was probably a league average/slightly above average QB, and the offense is considerably better with Brees, so any upgrade would need to be well above league average.  I don't know what Teddy's ceiling is, but the bar has been set pretty high for him to be an upgrade.

No offence OP, I don't know how you can seriously think Brady will be on another team next season? Plus I think at this point it's certain that Minshew will be the Jags starter too in 2020.

Good call on Carr. What are the Raiders likely to do? I thought he had done enough to continue with no viable options in the draft?

At this point I think Rivers should just retire, but that's a conversation for another time. Chargers use the stadium as a fresh start, not that Spanos will do that, he need someone to market Season Tickets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Pats: Brady

Fins: Bridgewater

Jets: Darnold

Bills: Josh Allen

Lers: Big Ben

Bengals: Burrow

Browns: Mayfield

Ravens: Jackson

Jags: Minshew

Colts: Dalton/Love

Texans: Watson

Titans: Tannehill

Chiefs: Mahomies 

Broncos: Lock

Chargers: Rivers

Raiders: Hurts

Iggles: Wentz

Giants: Jones

Boys: Prescott

Skins: Haskins

Vikes: Cousins

Pack: Rodgers

Bears: Newton

Lions: Stafford

Saints: Breeze

Panthers: Carr

Bucs: Winston

Falcons: Ryan

Seahawks: Wilson

Cards: Murray

Rams: Goof

49ers: Jimmy G

The only thing I question here really is the Raiders moving Carr frankly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Eh, if the Saints get hot they can win a superbowl with Brees.  Brees is too old to carry garbage anywhere, but he doesn't have to if the team steps up to their potential.

He might get outplayed by Mahomes or Jackson, that's very probable, but if the Saints outplay the Chiefs or Ravens, they can win.  The best QB doesn't always win the superbowl, and Brees is still playing at a high enough level that it would be near impossible to upgrade.  Teddy B was probably a league average/slightly above average QB, and the offense is considerably better with Brees, so any upgrade would need to be well above league average.  I don't know what Teddy's ceiling is, but the bar has been set pretty high for him to be an upgrade.

Bridgewater is never going to be at Drew's level.  Never.  He didn't have it when he played for Minnesota, and he still doesn't have it.  

Defense wins championships, but you basically need everything to win in the Super Bowl.  

And, that means having your QB on board too.  

Hypothetically, if Brees were to get injured in the playoffs, New Orleans wouldn't even get close to the Super Bowl.

That's just my opinion.  

Brees is one of those guys in which it might take another 30 years for New Orleans to find a guy like him.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Los Angeles seriously needs to get rid of Jared Goff.  

They desperately need to find another QB.  

So let me get this straight. A QB who has led his team to two divisional titles, a Superbowl in which was the youngest starting QB to ever start in a Superbowl and in order to go to the Superbowl he had to go into New Orleans without his best and go to receiver Kupp and a banged up Gurley trailing 13-0 in the 1st quarter. He had to overcome that in what pretty much every think is the toughest environment to play in during the playoffs. Oh and it a down season Goff had his team in position against the Seahawks and Niners to win if the kicker didnt miss the FG in Seattle and if the defense just came up with one 3rd and 16 stop. The Rams would be (10-5) right now with a win against the Cards Sunday to be (11-5) and in the playoffs for the 3rd straight season. That QB the Rams seriously need to rid of and try to desperately find another QB. I got you lol. 

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

So let me get this straight. A QB who has led his team to two divisional titles, a Superbowl in which was the youngest starting QB to ever start in a Superbowl and in order to go to the Superbowl he had to go into New Orleans without his best and go to receiver Kupp and a banged up Gurley trailing 13-0 in the 1st quarter. He had to overcome that in what pretty much every think is the toughest environment to play in during the playoffs. Oh and it a down season Goff had his team in position against the Seahawks and Niners to win if the kicker didnt miss the FG in Seattle and if the defense just came up with one 3rd and 16 stop. The Rams would be (10-5) right now with a win against the Cards Sunday to be (11-5) and in the playoffs for the 3rd straight season. That QB the Rams seriously need to rid of and try to desperately find another QB. I got you lol. 

He was absolutely terrible against New England in the Super Bowl.  Terrible.  

He was 19 for 38 and no touchdowns.  He was a joke.  

What are you talking about with Cooper Kupp?  He missed all of last season after tearing his ACL.  

And, it was LA's defense last year (specifically Aaron Donald, because he was the whole team) that even got them to the NFC title game last year.  

Speaking of which, they weren't even supposed to go to the Super Bowl last year given the horrid no call on the PI play that was so bad, the league rules had to be changed.  

Goff is literally the worst player on that team.  Not even close.  

Edited by RamblinMan99