Who wins the NFC East?

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC East?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC East?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles

25 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

These are rare occurrences though who knows maybe the 8-8 Eagles might beat the 12-4 49ers lol.

Is it though? 4 times in the past 11 years? IF it happens this year with Dallas or Philadelphia that would be 5 of 12. Not as rare as you might think.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is it though? 4 times in the past 11 years? IF it happens this year with Dallas or Philadelphia that would be 5 of 12. Not as rare as you might think.

Didn’t the Texans face Raiders without Carr who was having a MVP caliber season. The only team that continued to shock the world were the 2008 Cards.

10 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Didn’t the Texans face Raiders without Carr who was having a MVP caliber season. The only team that continued to shock the world were the 2008 Cards.

They faced Connor Cook in his only career start. 

• Not his only playoff start... his only NFL start.
  • 18-45 161 1 TD 3 picks for a rating of 30.

Other than that BOB Houston has been destroyed  30-0, 34-18, and 21-7.

• The 21-7 game was never close

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'd like to see the eagles lose and the Cowboys win. If the eagles win then I want the Cowboys to lose. It's a ****ty situation to be in.

Remember that game years ago? Where it was like Minny/Arizona/whatever - and each team had a guy watching the other game because they needed to know how many points to score?

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Remember that game years ago? Where it was like Minny/Arizona/whatever - and each team had a guy watching the other game because they needed to know how many points to score?

Only thing that comes to mind is this game:

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Only thing that comes to mind is this game:

Cant watch the link right now. I just remember there was a set of games (I wanna say minny was in one and the Packers in the other). They were checking in on eachothers scores, but one of the teams had to win by a certain amount of points. But they were literally flipping back and forth between the two games the entire time.

I look at this later to see if this was the game. 

@Malfatron @Uncle Buck was that a packers/viking thing or am I confusing the teams?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Cant watch the link right now. I just remember there was a set of games (I wanna say minny was in one and the Packers in the other). They were checking in on eachothers scores, but one of the teams had to win by a certain amount of points. But they were literally flipping back and forth between the two games the entire time.

@Malfatron @Uncle Buck was that a packers/viking thing or am I confusing the teams?

yep, that got GB in the playoffs

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I actually can't remember exactly what the situation was.  It sounds like our losing got the Packers in, but I don't know if that meant we were out.  It might have.  If it did, it probably served us right.  Just like last week.  We absolutely should have beaten the Packers in our house.  If we had, we would be looking at the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs.  Maybe even #2.  I'm not sure.  The point is, if you can't take care of business in games like that, you don't really deserve to win it all.

On another note, it sounds like the Kitties are putting it to the Pack today.  If Green Bay loses, they get to host a 100% healthy Vikings team at Lambeau next week.  There was a possibility that they could have gotten the #1 seed in the NFC and the road to the Super Bowl would have gone through the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.  A loss to Detroit for them today would be reminiscent of the Vikings losing to a very lowly Bears team back in 2009.  That careless loss cost us home field advantage and we ended up having to go down to the home crowd of the New Orleans Cheaters.  It very well cost us a Super Bowl. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I say we use this thread today for the NFCE games, since we are all playing each other and the winner gets to get embarrassed in the playoffs.

The big thing I was thinking about in the NFCE is that if Philly loses, Dallas wins and backs into the playoffs, and THEN somehow gets a win or two, does that give Jerruh the excuse to bring The Clapper back?

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The big thing I was thinking about in the NFCE is that if Philly loses, Dallas wins and backs into the playoffs, and THEN somehow gets a win or two, does that give Jerruh the excuse to bring The Clapper back?

I think NFC champ at least would be the requirement. But probably a superbowl appearance. Rumors are theyve been talking to Urban Myer and Lincoln Riley since November. 

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yep, that got GB in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I actually can't remember exactly what the situation was.  It sounds like our losing got the Packers in, but I don't know if that meant we were out.  It might have.  If it did, it probably served us right.  Just like last week.  We absolutely should have beaten the Packers in our house.  If we had, we would be looking at the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs.  Maybe even #2.  I'm not sure.  The point is, if you can't take care of business in games like that, you don't really deserve to win it all.

The one I am thinking about wasnt a straight win/lose. It was win by a certain amount of points because it was at that tie breaker. Probably this game.