Falcons’ GM Thomas Dimitroff and HC Dan Quinn Will Return in 2020

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Falcons fan base is some demoralized that their team forum is a ghost town. There hasn’t been a Falcons fan in the sub forum for months. Random non-Falcons fans occasionally post news, no replies from Falcons fans. The only Falcons fans left on this site are just here to troll Saints fans, pretty much. 

This is a joke right?  We have never really used our sub forum for the last few years or more and have never really been super active..  I have been a hell of alot more active in the general section and even more so in the mock draft section than any place on these forums.  Our section not being active has nothing to do with whats going on right now it's been that way even when we were winning in 2016 and the superbowl. As for the Saints i can't say i ever really troll them or say much of anything to them to often and i don't think Scar really does either when he posts. 

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Falcons may not be as bad as people think.  They've been much better since the bye, and beat both the Saints and the 49ers on the road.  They could easily be back in the mix next year.

The Falcons won't be terrible, but they won't be good either. What I've watched from this 5-2 run is basically pass rush masking horrendous secondary play. In the Saints game that we won and against the 49ers, WRs were open, wide open - but the pass rush kept them from being hit. The moment the pass rush falters just a bit, the defense will look horrible again. So I don't think this nice little 5-2 run is really going to last into 2020 - which is why I think it's fool's gold.

It's totally possible they start off slow again in 2020 and then just barely recover to a 7-9 finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Falcons fan base is some demoralized that their team forum is a ghost town. There hasn’t been a Falcons fan in the sub forum for months. Random non-Falcons fans occasionally post news, no replies from Falcons fans. The only Falcons fans left on this site are just here to troll Saints fans, pretty much. 

I wouldn't use this forum as the barometer for how active a fanbase is. We're a very specialized group here, we're deep divers where most casual fans are waste deep waders.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't use this forum as the barometer for how active a fanbase is. We're a very specialized group here, we're deep divers where most casual fans are waste deep waders.

There's a reason I'm posting here, and not on the official Falcons message board (that place is a stain, fwiw). The Falcons are also a team that's generally just... kind of average, mediocre, not great, and doesn't have any successful history - the only falcons fans you're going to get are die-hards right now anyway.

I don't really get the rest of his post because the few Falcons fans that are on here generally don't interact with Saints fans unless it's relevant to the discussion.

Edited by Hukos