Saints working out Antonio Brown

tyler735

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm mainly trying to get assaulted by Antonio Brown, for the settlement money.

Feels like being in the same city as AB is as good a shot as any at being on the receiving end of a rich person's mistake. 

Yeah nope I'm just not gonna say anything here. Nope nope nope nope nope nope.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm mainly trying to get assaulted by Antonio Brown, for the settlement money.

Feels like being in the same city as AB is as good a shot as any at being on the receiving end of a rich person's mistake. 

This is actually a very solid retirement plan.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is actually a very solid retirement plan.

Getting on the next flight to NOLA. Taking a bunch of minis in my carry on. 

PDX has a liquor store that's past security, might take a whole bottle.

ubering directly to Saints facilities looking for that short little weasel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

Getting on the next flight to NOLA. Taking a bunch of minis in my carry on. 

PDX has a liquor store that's past security, might take a whole bottle.

ubering directly to Saints facilities looking for that short little weasel.

The only caveat here is that AB might be broke by now. He hasn't received a game check in about four months, and he doesn't seem like the type of person who would have a robust retirement portfolio or investment account. 

The $153,000 he made with the Patriots is long gone, so you might be digging an empty well. Also, I'm sure the line to litigate against AB is pretty long, so you'll probably have to take a number.

But, solid plan nonetheless.

I'd like Drew Brees to win another Lombardi this year before retirement, but not if it means Antonio Brown gets one. Ergh.

#2 WR is a huge problem though for all the NFC playoff teams bar the Vikings (all the WR's for Eagles). Eagles, Saints and 49ers are lucky their TE's are great (Ertz), improving his link with his QB (J.Cook) or goddamn dominant (Kittle). Packers need Graham to step up.

29 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

For the Saints (or any other team that is entering the playoffs), the prospect of signing Brown now entails zero financial risk. If he’s placed on paid leave, the pay will be coming not from the team but from the league-wide playoff pool. So it gives the Saints dibs on Brown and forces the league to deal with a situation it would rather ignore.

The move also would give the Saints an incredibly viable alternative to Michael Thomas. Indeed, in final game ever with the Steelers, Brown caught 14 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns against the Saints in New Orleans.

The chances of Brown actually playing for the Saints in the postseason remain slim. The most significant development for now is that the Saints have broken ranks with the league, and the Saints may force the league to do something it surely preferred not to do.

This would definitely be a Sean Payton type of move just to anger the NFL just a little bit more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:
44 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

For the Saints (or any other team that is entering the playoffs), the prospect of signing Brown now entails zero financial risk. If he’s placed on paid leave, the pay will be coming not from the team but from the league-wide playoff pool. So it gives the Saints dibs on Brown and forces the league to deal with a situation it would rather ignore.

The move also would give the Saints an incredibly viable alternative to Michael Thomas. Indeed, in final game ever with the Steelers, Brown caught 14 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns against the Saints in New Orleans.

The chances of Brown actually playing for the Saints in the postseason remain slim. The most significant development for now is that the Saints have broken ranks with the league, and the Saints may force the league to do something it surely preferred not to do.

This would definitely be a Sean Payton type of move just to anger the NFL just a little bit more.

I mean if he can't go after the Refs and the fact they aren't full-time employees, then go after the NFL that is allowing this ridiculousness to happen.  Oh and if Brown ends up getting to play and be productive, can't argue with that either.

• Like 1