Saints working out Antonio Brown

tyler735

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Agreed which doesn't make a lot of sense. They have a team certainly capable of winning it all. I don't usually praise the Patriots but they cut ties with him at the right time.

If Mike Thomas is hurt, we are indeed desperate.

But chances are slim AB plays this year, and in that case, he doesn't solve the Thomas problem, and the move has probably a lot to do with screwing with the league.

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He's going through several investigations for sexual/domestic assault. He's an absolutely horrific person. 

Agreed. He's a horrible person. But the guy would be playing for free...could be cut immediately. He has a good chance of embarrassing the franchise, but a Super Bowl would be worth the embarrassment (which is assuming he can keep the crazy under wraps for a month...which of course is no guarantee). CGM and AB would give the Saints the most talented receiving duo in NFL history...I"m pretty confident in that.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

If Mike Thomas is hurt, we are indeed desperate.

But chances are slim AB plays this year, and in that case, he doesn't solve the Thomas problem, and the move has probably a lot to do with screwing with the league.

Mike Triplett said it was unrelated to MTs hand.

I think there is a decent chance its a move for next year. Saints force the leagues hand and they suspend him. He comes back and (hopefully) stays sane enough to ball in NO.

They'd have to sign him to a very team friendly 2 year deal. Given that no one else wants to touch him i think he would

Just now, Kirill said:

If not then why isn't he on it already?

Because Goodell. He does not have to be placed on the list, everyone is just assuming that he will be placed on it at some point so nobody has signed him. Also if he does get placed on the list while signed with a team, I think the league has to pay him. Could be wrong on that though.

Also AB is a terrible human and nobody should sign him. That the Saints are even kicking the tires is either 1) telling of how bad the MT injury really is or 2) SP trolling the league. I hope it's 2. We're normally pretty good about staying far away from locker room cancers...

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Two things I need to get out of the way, right off the bat:

- Pittsburgh is a successful franchise.

- New England is a successful franchise.

I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, but I'm pretty certain we'll get into this as some point.

He wasn't released from New England due to any issues, right?  Wasn't just his sexual assault charges and the pressure on them to cut him?  That was always my understanding, but other than that wasn't he good in his time with the Patriots?

All you have to do is read his twitter over the last few months to come to the conclusion that something is definitely off, psychologically. Aside from all the legal action being taken against him and the accusations, his general behaviour has been so weird lately - like crazy weird. Nothing wrong with bringing a guy in to evaluate, but this seems a little too desperate on New Orleans part. What they're doing has got them this far, no need to scrap the barrel on AB and everything that comes with that.

What is Dez Bryant doing these days? He was in the NO system and was declaring himself healthy about a month ago, wasn't he? Why isn't he an option?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Looks like the Saints in the process of bringing in another quality veteran signing this week. I hope they can make it work, Antonio Brown just needs to be shut his mouth for about a month, and would have a decent shot at a ring this year. I'd like to imagine the Saints have done some due diligence about his suspension status before bringing him in. The thought of Brees, Kamara, Thomas, and Brown on offense is certainly intriguing. 

He isnt sniffing the field this year. If the NFL allows him to play then Goodell's job is on the line. You do not allow this guy to public bash the NFL and call people Crackers, then take shots at his boy Robert Kraft. Its safe to say that AB will never see the field again. The fact the saints brought him in shows they are desperate to win, this guy should be blackballed from the league after all the nonsense he pulled to bash the league and make a mockery of it. Not to mention what he did to the female off the field.