Home Opener: Eagles @ Chiefs Pederson Returns

Chiefer

Well our fellow Walrus Brothers in the Iggles forum already made a thread so I felt like making one.

Key Matchups:

Chiefs OL vs Eagles Front 7

can they slow down Graham and Cox?

Chiefs QB/WRs vs Eagles secondary

Darby is out for a month at least how will they rebound?

Reid vs Pederson

Master vs the Student

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well our fellow Walrus Brothers in the Iggles forum already made a thread so I felt like making one.

Key Matchups:

Chiefs OL vs Eagles Front 7

can they slow down Graham and Cox?

Chiefs QB/WRs vs Eagles secondary

Darby is out for a month at least how will they rebound?

Reid vs Pederson

Master vs the Student

OL vs our front 7- The Chiefs kept Smith pretty damn clean last week, but the Patriots really have no viable pass rushers. I think Smith will have a lot less time this week. Your OL looks pretty solid so it should be a pretty good battle.

WR's vs our secondary- Well, this is where it could get ugly for us. If we can't get to Smith consistently, guys like Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce could eat us up. We don't have anyone that can run with Hill.

Reid vs Pederson- Pederson is universally panned  by the Eagles fan base for being an absolute knucklehead. I mean, look at him, he still wears a visor. 

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Will he shadow Alshon or just stay on one side of the field? 

We play sides, not players. Peters will always be on the RWR, Mitchell almost always on the LWR. A mix of Gaines, Parker, Sorensen, Murray, etc., on the slot depending on who it is.

2 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Pederson and Wentz target MP22 at all. Brady took 1 shot at him all game last week and avoided him after that.

That one shot was a throwaway IIRC, and Peters still tried to intercept it lol

9 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Pederson and Wentz target MP22 at all. Brady took 1 shot at him all game last week and avoided him after that.

I very much hope so.

I think we're going to see two types of gameplans this year. Ones like New England, where they just don't bother with Peters. And the more stubborn ones who feel like they have to stick to their gameplan and spread it around regardless of the opposition. Peters will get his picks against the latter.

This will be areal challenge for the OL. The Patriots didn't really challenge them, usually rushing only three and four. The Eagles were not afraid to come with 6 or even 7 - and their DL are much better than anyone the Pats have. So I think we'll see a lot of quick passes and less downfield throws than last week. However, last weeks performance may keep them honest. Nevertheless, I think Smith will be much closer to his former self ...

6 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

This will be areal challenge for the OL. The Patriots didn't really challenge them, usually rushing only three and four. The Eagles were not afraid to come with 6 or even 7 - and their DL are much better than anyone the Pats have. So I think we'll see a lot of quick passes and less downfield throws than last week. However, last weeks performance may keep them honest. Nevertheless, I think Smith will be much closer to his former self ...

Then I like Valkrei's idea to run some screens. WR screen to T.Hill with more to Hunt. The Oline seems to like blocking for Hunt. And why not? I thought Witzmann did a commendable job at LG last Thursday.

Archived