Home Opener: Eagles @ Chiefs Pederson Returns

Chiefer

With this win the Chiefs won against 2 of the five 2016 Division Champs they'll face this year.

The three left: Pittsburgh, Dallas and Houston

Houston probably won't repeat, but Pittsburgh and Dallas are strong teams (I thought).
Watching Dallas today against the Broncos ... hmmm ...

Bottom line: I'm more concerned about the Broncos and Oakland than about any of those other Division Champs.

Had to work and missed the game. Was it as much of a defensive nut cracker as it seems? 10 combined sacks and I don't know how many pressures. 

Just from reading the thread and game highlights:

• Mitchell is good enough at CB2, but it's a big drop from there.
  • The freak play to Utz could have been huge, but fizzled.
  • This team has legs. Two weeks in a row, both sides of the ball were stronger at the end. Very much not what they were like last year.
  • The Eagles are going to be a team to beat. Dallas looked bad and Washington was inconsistent.
  • For someone not particularly fast, K Hunt gets a lot of long plays. 
  • Conley has laid claim to the other WR spot.

A guts win. You need to have all of those.

J

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

According to NFL.com/scores add two forced fumbles - one however definitely was thanks to Winchester.

Jones did have two. There was the one on the proper sack, that Lane Johnson had to fall on. And they credited him for the one where he shoved the OL into Wentz, Wentz dropped the ball, and recover it himself. So 3 total forced fumbles by the team.

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Had to work and missed the game. Was it as much of a defensive nut cracker as it seems? 10 combined sacks and I don't know how many pressures. 

Just from reading the thread and game highlights:

• Mitchell is good enough at CB2, but it's a big drop from there.
  • The freak play to Utz could have been huge, but fizzled.
  • This team has legs. Two weeks in a row, both sides of the ball were stronger at the end. Very much not what they were like last year.
  • The Eagles are going to be a team to beat. Dallas looked bad and Washington was inconsistent.
  • For someone not particularly fast, K Hunt gets a lot of long plays. 
  • Conley has laid claim to the other WR spot.

A guts win. You need to have all of those.

J

Not too far off. Mitchell had a similar game to last week, mixed bag of him winning and losing, but the biggest play he was involved in for Philly was pure bad luck. Gaines, every attempt his way felt like a first down.

I think something about Hunt's stride just doesn't make him look fast, or something, because this is the second time he's outrun some pretty quick guys on defense with apparent ease. He just doesn't look that fast while doing it for whatever reason. I do think he's definitely fast for a RB, though.

Both front sevens dominated the vast majority of this game. Aside from the big run by Hunt and maybe a drive or two in pass protection on each side, defensive fronts won this entire game. Our front 7 looks absolutely dominant, and Philly's DL is insanely talented with a really fast group of LBs behind them. Smith and Wentz both got harrassed and both had stretches of jitters, though both did recover when it counted.

The ability of this team to close has definitely been exciting, though. Two straight weeks Smith has turned it on late, same with Hunt. And the stamina of our big guys on each side has been impressive. Been getting better up front both weeks as the game goes on.

Hunt clocked 4.62 at the Combine. That's outright slow for a feature RB prior to the draft.

Has Smith turned it up or has the OL started to get him an extra quarter second?

No offense, but I'll take our front seven to Philly's. With Chris Jones stepping up, the DL is looking vicious. When was the last time a 3-4 DE had three sacks?

J

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hunt clocked 4.62 at the Combine. That's outright slow for a feature RB prior to the draft.

Has Smith turned it up or has the OL started to get him an extra quarter second?

No offense, but I'll take our front seven to Philly's. With Chris Jones stepping up, the DL is looking vicious. When was the last time a 3-4 DE had three sacks?

J

Curious cause in week 1 they did some clocking that showed Hunt was the fastest player of the week, just a bit faster than Hill. Combine clocking will obviously be more precise, but Hunt is faster than those numbers would indicate. He flat out beat CB's down the line yesterday.

Archived