Better career ahead: Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield?

ClutchDJ

18 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Out of these former Oklahoma QBs, who do you think will have the better career?

Would easily take Kyler Murray in this scenario. Both Baker and Murray left Oklahoma with the look of having elite ball accuracy. Murray has the much better athleticism. Both aren’t tall QBs so both will have struggles with size in the pocket and have to find ways to adapt. Murray has more zip and velocity on his balls.

Then you look at the mental makeup. Murray kind of says some weird things that I’ve seen occasionally like the comment about Suggs in training camp, but I’m sure he’ll grow into himself. Murray also seems much more self motivated while Baker seems to be motivated by external influences.

Lastly I look at the Cardinals as a much more stable franchise. While some might make the argument of division. That division has generally been the most volatile from year to year, so any improvements could really make the difference from year to year. While the Browns organization on the other hand is in a division with two strong franchises in the Ravens and Steelers who year in and year out are competing for playoff spots. Honestly I might even trust the Bengals organization above the Browns based off of recent history. They have talent, but they have a losing culture that permeates into that franchise. Whereas the Cardinals are in a much better place with a young coach who looks pretty darn good to this point and should have more stability there for Kyler to build on.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

Murray looked supremely lost against the rams both times. But his rookie season was phenomenal he had in ton of games. You just simply have to pick him because of the environment. Even though he had way less weapons than Baker he balled out. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

On 12/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, eagles18 said:

I think Baker is the better overall talent but he has some serious growing up to do. if he wants to lead a pack of men he needs to become that alpha male in the locker room. Right now i see him as a gossiper in high school 

Yeah Murray seems like he keeps his head down and stays at work. I want that from my QB. Give me Murray