Bills vs. Panthers Week 2

Maxmw22

Return of the Derm!

cam-newton-1.png

Sean and Beane (see what I did there? Sean Bean...One does not simply...nevermind) head back to Carolina. Latest line has us -7. Hopefully a healthy dose of Shady will keep us on the field. Both offenses don't impress me too much, I could see a very low scoring game.

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I am hoping for a lose. There are a ot ofdecent QB prospects in this draft and we have to draft one, so a lot of loses could pay off.

I've said it before but I will never root for a loss. Maybe if the season is already over and we're in week 16 or 17 but not this early in the season. Let's see what this coaching staff and all these new pieces have and get ready for Carolina!

58 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I've said it before but I will never root for a loss. Maybe if the season is already over and we're in week 16 or 17 but not this early in the season. Let's see what this coaching staff and all these new pieces have and get ready for Carolina!

For real, because even if we finish with a mid first round pick we still have the ammunition to get up to the top of the draft. We will see, never rooting for L's though. We've had top picks and still haven't made the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills have enough ammo in the draft that cheering for a loss in week 2 is ridiculous IMO.

As i've said I am going to the game and my fiance is a Panther fan so I am seriously rooting for a win.

I don't see it though. I'll say Panthers 20, Bills 16.

I posted in the Panthers forum that I think Olsen and McCaffrey are going to be keys for Carolina. Our LBs are absolutely our weakness and can't cover the pass and those two are going to carve them up. I think we're going to need to put a safety one of them and maybe bring an extra corner out if McCaffrey is on the field. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

For real, because even if we finish with a mid first round pick we still have the ammunition to get up to the top of the draft. We will see, never rooting for L's though. We've had top picks and still haven't made the playoffs.

Except, the teams at the top of the draft are most likely QB desperate themselves and will be in no mood to trade back. That is the problem with Taylor, he can deliver 5 to 7 wins a season, but that will never get us a championship. You have to reach bottom to get a shot at a true franchise QB who is capable of making us a contender. I am willing to sacrifice a season to get the job done or we could remain in this position for many, many years. After all, it took Detroit 50 years to replace Bobby Layne with Stafford and how long has it been since our last great QB??? We might just challenge Detroit's record for futility. G-D, I hope I am wrong!!!

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

Except, the teams at the top of the draft are most likely QB desperate themselves and will be in no mood to trade back. That is the problem with Taylor, he can deliver 5 to 7 wins a season, but that will never get us a championship. You have to reach bottom to get a shot at a true franchise QB who is capable of making us a contender. I am willing to sacrifice a season to get the job done or we could remain in this position for many, many years. After all, it took Detroit 50 years to replace Bobby Layne with Stafford and how long has it been since our last great QB??? We might just challenge Detroit's record for futility. G-D, I hope I am wrong!!!

Except picking one of those guys doesn't guarantee a franchise guy either. We could grab someone like Baker Mayfield later and hit big.

I think we go into Carolina in pull out a big upset against a team that didn't look to good week 1.

I want to see Tyrod continue what he was doing week 1 which was staying in the pocket  after making first rusher miss. I think we're gonna find away for Shady to get some big gains as well. Defensively I think McD will have our LBs ready.

Bills 23

Carolina 20

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Except picking one of those guys doesn't guarantee a franchise guy either. We could grab someone like Baker Mayfield later and hit big.

I prefer to go by the odds which clearly give a huge advantage to QB's drafted in the top 5, especially the top 2. The drop off into the top 10 is very significant and after that the later round 1 QB's have about a 6% chance at success. Smart GM's play the odds or they are likely out of a job pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

I prefer to go by the odds which clearly give a huge advantage to QB's drafted in the top 5, especially the top 2. The drop off into the top 10 is very significant and after that the later round 1 QB's have about a 6% chance at success. Smart GM's play the odds or they are likely out of a job pretty quickly.

Smart GM's don't lose on purpose in the NFL

On 9/14/2017 at 6:29 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Also for those of us that will be in Charlotte, if you all want to me up Saturday night or pre game or what have you let me know! 

I would, but my wife works third shift, so after the 8 hour drive we are just going to crash at the hotel. We will be in the nosebleeds, now just debating what jersey to wear. Dareus Blue, Thurman Blue, Shady Red

Archived