Bills vs. Panthers Week 2

Maxmw22

13 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I made the terrible, terrible decision to join an ultimate frisbee league that plays on Sunday. I signed up early in August and didn't even think about football season. I'm definitely going to miss some chunks of games because of it. 

Bro ?? 

Bills going 2-0 >>> Frisbee 

I think we are definetly going to be relying on Leslie Frazier this week. Sean does know Rivera but Rivera also knows Seans defense.... but he doesnt know Fraziers who was once a former head coach. Think McDermott will give Leslie all of Carolinas weaknesses and strengths and Frazier will run a lot of his defense more than Seans to surprise Carolina.

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think we are definetly going to be relying on Leslie Frazier this week. Sean does know Rivera but Rivera also knows Seans defense.... but he doesnt know Fraziers who was once a former head coach. Think McDermott will give Leslie all of Carolinas weaknesses and strengths and Frazier will run a lot of his defense more than Seans to surprise Carolina.

Huh?!? Rivera recently faced Fraziers D 2 times per year playing Tampa Bay. Frazier's D won't be a mystery to Rivera...nor will McDermott's. In the end, I think it will simply come down to who executes plays better. This early in the season, when we are still healthy, it gives us a real chance. Though, best guess is that if we don't win the TO battle, we lose. Tie in turnovers and Panthers still win, but I do believe we cover the spread no matter what.

Bills 20

Panthers 24

31 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Huh?!? Rivera recently faced Fraziers D 2 times per year playing Tampa Bay. Frazier's D won't be a mystery to Rivera...nor will McDermott's. In the end, I think it will simply come down to who executes plays better. This early in the season, when we are still healthy, it gives us a real chance. Though, best guess is that if we don't win the TO battle, we lose. Tie in turnovers and Panthers still win, but I do believe we cover the spread no matter what.

Bills 20

Panthers 24

Well of course he has studied Fraziers defense but he has never worked with him. Doesnt know exact terminology and what audibles mean and what the coach likes to call in certain situations. Rivera knows both defenses but he is more familar with McDermotts is where i was going with that.

2 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Currently in enemy territory...

I also have a bet with one of the guys I am going to the game with. I have the Bills +8.5 points. Jersey bet, so what jersey should I get from him when I win? :D

Hard to say. We dont have any long term players who is buy a jersey must. Our best players may not stay for long. Dareus can be shown the door shortly and Shady is getting up in age. If Zay Jones starts to show something id buy his.

23 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I would, but my wife works third shift, so after the 8 hour drive we are just going to crash at the hotel. We will be in the nosebleeds, now just debating what jersey to wear. Dareus Blue, Thurman Blue, Shady Red

I'll be wearing the white Dareus in the nose bleeds myself!

8 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well of course he has studied Fraziers defense but he has never worked with him. Doesnt know exact terminology and what audibles mean and what the coach likes to call in certain situations. Rivera knows both defenses but he is more familar with McDermotts is where i was going with that.

It's been a long time but Rivera and Frazier played together on the Bears for two seasons and then spent four years being defensive assistants in Philadelphia from 99-02 before Frazier headed out to Cincy to be a DC. Not to mention McDermott being Rivera's DC for the past six seasons and Rivera coaching against Frazier six times in that same timespan (going 1-1 as HCs and 4-0 when Frazier was DC). I don't know... the coaching advantage seems tipped in Carolina's favor. Not to say that I think McDermott sucks or anything, I think Buffalo will become a competitive team under him and Beane if they bring over the same philosophies Rivera/Gettleman had together (and figure out the QB situation). But for now I think Sunday belongs to the Panthers. Should be a solid game tho.

Archived