GDT Game 16: The Raiders at Home! Nuff said.

AKRNA

Almost forgot about this. Just lots goin' on.

Is this game for 2nd place in the AFC West? We win and our records are the same. Why doesn't someone figure out the tie-breakers.

We're 3-1 in Decemberwith a chance at 4-1. I can't remember the last time we did that. It's what I wished for. I think we all expected a slow start, and hoped for a strong finish. It's incredible improvement from game 1 to today. Todays team and staff is really something to be excited about. Hell, even Bolles is starting to get it after everyone, including me, decided to throw in the towel.

A win on Sunday would have me more stoked for next season than our teams of the late 90's. The team is basically a bunch of overperforming, well coached kids. Damn we're young and getting great contributions from most of the young guys. Gentlemen. IMO we're kickstarting a new winning culture with acountability the key. I really think we're going to love the Fangio era.

Anyway guys, have at it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I wonder how many young players will be evaluated, seems this will be last chance for quite a few of these guys:

Does Patrick Morris get a start at C or G ?? Will Jake Rodgers start at RT ??

How much PT will Justin Holland see at OLB/ILB if any ??

DaeSean Hamilton had a breakout game showing his chemistry with Lock, can it continue to blossom ?

Joe Jones showed a lot of promise at ILB in preseason, will he get to show anything on Sunday ?? Can we see form CSU 's own Josh Watson ?

Trey Marshall replaced Kareem quite admirably last week, was that a fluke or can he prove more worth ?

Just a few questions I value more than a win vs. the Raiders on Sunday, help expand our core....

Edited by Cutler06

15 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Weren’t the Raiders already eliminated from the playoffs already ?? Seems they have a lot of guys on their injured list, trying to improve their draft status ? 

No, they're still alive. Barely. The scenario is that they need a W and:

Steelers L, Titans L, Colts W

I would love for all that to happen, and we play spoiler.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Cutler06 said:

Weren’t the Raiders already eliminated from the playoffs already ?? Seems they have a lot of guys on their injured list, trying to improve their draft status ? 

Nah we're technically alive still. However we need to win along with like 4 other teams for us to make it. So it's highly unlikely we do.

We are super banged up though with Jacobs, Trent Brown, likely Incognito, and others out and/or doubtful. Therefore we will be going away from our strength which is running the ball and relying more on Carr to get us a W. Not feeling confident about this game but hopefully it's a fun one.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:03 PM, Cutler06 said:

Raiders get in if TEN & PIT loses and IND wins (since they need a 3-way tie with IND both PIT & TEN win the H2H vs. OAK).  

BAL sitting 5-6 starters and HOU has nothing to play for (locked into 4 seed with a KC W so by game time they could sit a bunch of guys or shortly into game) so it’s iffy but very possible.  Crazy part is OAK needed this exact 4-game parley to hit last week to stay alive - and it did.   

Edited by Broncofan

I’ve seen enough this year from the coaches / young guys / Lock to have more hope going into this offseason than since our SB50 afterglow.  

Losing this one keeps us in the 10-11 pick range where a W could drop us to the 15-16 spot.   Zero chance imo that the Wirfs / Lamb range of talent in the mid tiers so a hard fought game but an OAK W won’t bother me at all.  Even a bad game from Lock wouldn’t faze me for 2019.   As long as no one from the core gets a significant injury I’ll be happy for 2020.   This isn’t a clear “should win” game so I never get upset if we drop this one, frankly if we weren’t at home we’d probably be a slight dog.  

The only thing today that I think is worth watching for is how well prepared we are for OAK’s game plan.   The last 3 games vs. OAK Gruden simply outclassed our guys plan-wise.   Last year he nearly won here and crushed us with a team that had far less talent.   I’m hoping to see more of an even match with the freedom to game plan a full Shanny O with Lock’s mobility.   Progress here would reinforce the notion Scangarello is making significant progress on O planning wise.   Even if it doesn’t pan out there are enough signs to be optimistic for 2020 but this would be a clear bell weather to show his progress from early 2019.  

Edited by Broncofan