Week 17 GDT: New Orleans Saints (12-3) vs. Carolina Panthers (5-10) - Beginning of the end

Canadian Saint

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Packers are such pretenders. We're gonna destroy them in Lambeau or the Dome. Not getting the bye is gonna suck though, so go Hawks.

Vikings at home is not a gimme. The Saints are a tough out for any team in the playoffs, but having to play 3 games (two on the road) just to make it to the Superbowl in this conference... Bleh, just unfortunate the way things shook out this year.

29 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still at least one game we have to win between then and now.

I am a fan. I can get as ahead of myself as I want, the players can't. If the players are looking forward to playing the Packers, we have a problem. Doesn't matter that I do.

And for the record, I do not think the Vikings are a gimme. Which is why I still am rooting for the Hawks to get the bye. Yeah we're big favorites but it's the NFL and any given Sunday. 

Regardless if we get a BYE or not, I actually feel pretty good about this team. Yes ideally we get a BYE, let our secondary heal up and get to study our opponents for an extra week. However, it isn't the end of the world if we play wildcard weekend. We've averaged more points on the road than at home, we're 7-1 this season and we've missed Brees for 5 games.

While it's not ideal traveling to places like Lambeau in Jan, this team has the talent and ability to get to the superbowl the hard way. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, stay healthy and stop shoulder tackling, I have all the faith in the world we can end up in Miami in February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fray32 said:

Vikings at home is not a gimme. The Saints are a tough out for any team in the playoffs, but having to play 3 games (two on the road) just to make it to the Superbowl in this conference... Bleh, just unfortunate the way things shook out this year.

Any way we can flex this game to a Monday night?

We have pretty good success in Miami, especially in February.

I think this team is ready for any challenge whatsoever. The Atlanta loss after the bye was a wakeup call, and the loss to the 49ers may have been what was needed to respark this defense.

We're clicking on all cylinders at this point.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

And for the record, I do not think the Vikings are a gimme.

This is what I meant though. I’m assuming Seattle beats SF tonight and we slide into #2. In that scenario, we will most likely see SF in Lambeau and Seattle coming to NO. I’m not sure GB can win that game... 🤔

But really, this year I think we can hang with any team anywhere. If we had to go to the tundra and then the Bay Area, I still believe we’d have a really good shot to be in Miami in February.