Chargers 2017 Schedule.

DingoLadd

I was looking at the schedule just the other day and man those first 8 weeks are brutal. 4-4 or 5-3 would actually be amazing out of that stretch but 3 of the 4 off the week 9 bye are Jacksonville, Buffalo and Cleveland and then Washington who I'm unsure of and the Jets so it gets easier but man that's a rough start. 

3 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Broncos L

Dolphins W

Chiefs L

Eagles L

Giants L

Raiders L

Broncos L

Patriots L

Jaguars W

Bills L

Cowboys L

Browns L

Redskins L

Chiefs L

Jets L

Raiders L

2-14 but undefeated against Florida teams.

I don't think think we have anyone overly optimistic that this pessimism is required. My god that would be an absolute disaster. 

14 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I don't think think we have anyone overly optimistic that this pessimism is required. My god that would be an absolute disaster. 

Only good part about a season like that would be getting our QB of the future in what looks to be a pretty good draft for one. I seriously don't expect the team to be THAT bad though. 

@  Broncos     L

vs  Dolphins    W

vs  Chiefs          L

vs  Eagles         W

@  Giants          W

@  Raiders        L  

vs  Broncos      W

@  Patriots        L

@  Jaguars       W

vs  Bills              W

@  Cowboys      L

vs  Browns        W

vs  Redskins     W

@  Chiefs           L

@  Jets              W

vs  Raiders        L

I see 9-7. I think our D can keep us in most games but still not quite good enough vs our division. See this as an "almost there" type season. 

Also, @Boltstrikes you can't honestly think we are going to lose to the Jets... 

@  Broncos     L

vs  Dolphins    W

vs  Chiefs          W

vs  Eagles         L

@  Giants          L

@  Raiders        L  

vs  Broncos      W

@  Patriots        L

@  Jaguars       W

vs  Bills              W

@  Cowboys      L

vs  Browns        W

vs  Redskins     L

@  Chiefs           L

@  Jets              W

vs  Raiders        W

I see us going 8-8 as of right now. 

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

If the Chargers could Execute half as well as their cheerleaders we'd win more then 2 games this year. This itty bitty stadium isnt even half full with 20 minutes to kickoff.

It's almost like the NFL should've never approved the move or something...

One thing that has been fairly concerning to me is how terrible the team has been with time management. I think the Dolphins bailed us out with the timeout at the end of the game, I don't think they would have made it out there with the FG team in time to get set and a kick off. There has just been so much confusion. Another silly thing was Lynn taking the TO when Rivers was getting the guys together to clock the ball, then with no TOs left... they run Rivers to center the ball?!?! WTH is that... its playing to lose is what it is. 

Also want to thank the commentators for jinxing us on the health side of things. As soon as they started talking about how we needed to stay healthy... Barksdale goes down. Never fails with the commentator jinx voodoo. 

To me it seems Gordon has regressed back towards his rookie year. He is pressing too hard and not letting gaps open. Granted the line hasn't been amazing either but I think Oliver has played better so far. I was hoping for a much better showing with Lynn's pedigree being so huge on the rushing.

5 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

One thing that has been fairly concerning to me is how terrible the team has been with time management. I think the Dolphins bailed us out with the timeout at the end of the game, I don't think they would have made it out there with the FG team in time to get set and a kick off. There has just been so much confusion. Another silly thing was Lynn taking the TO when Rivers was getting the guys together to clock the ball, then with no TOs left... they run Rivers to center the ball?!?! WTH is that... its playing to lose is what it is. 

Also want to thank the commentators for jinxing us on the health side of things. As soon as they started talking about how we needed to stay healthy... Barksdale goes down. Never fails with the commentator jinx voodoo. 

To me it seems Gordon has regressed back towards his rookie year. He is pressing too hard and not letting gaps open. Granted the line hasn't been amazing either but I think Oliver has played better so far. I was hoping for a much better showing with Lynn's pedigree being so huge on the rushing.

Gordon has never been a great yards after contact guy.  It was one of my biggest criticisms of him when he came out and one of the reasons why, once the Rams took Gurley off the board, I was upset that TT took him (much less traded up to go get him) because I felt like we'd get, at worst, comparable production out of a 2nd round pick invested in David Johnson.

24 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Gordon has never been a great yards after contact guy.  It was one of my biggest criticisms of him when he came out and one of the reasons why, once the Rams took Gurley off the board, I was upset that TT took him (much less traded up to go get him) because I felt like we'd get, at worst, comparable production out of a 2nd round pick invested in David Johnson.

To me its not so much yards after contact, its more that he rushes things and ends up trying to run over his blockers or run straight into defenders. The good backs have the ability to find holes or wait for them to open. I also didn't like trading up for a RB, its one of the easier positions to hit on later in drafts. 

2 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

To me its not so much yards after contact, its more that he rushes things and ends up trying to run over his blockers or run straight into defenders. The good backs have the ability to find holes or wait for them to open. I also didn't like trading up for a RB, its one of the easier positions to hit on later in drafts. 

His vision was never great - that's why the Robert Smith comparison was ideal for him because Smith was the same way, he could be a highly productive runner and receiver out of the backfield, but as a runner he needed his fullback leading the way so that he knew where to go and didn't have to make a decision on a cut-and-go until he was already at the second level.

Archived