Chargers 2017 Schedule.

DingoLadd

I'm not an MGIII fan by any stretch. You've all seen me trash him based on his lack of vision and ball security, but most of the blame belong on Wiz. You can't say you're going to be a running team and then run the shotgun as much as we do. It's a lack of identity. It was a problem last year and it's already resurfacing in two weeks of play this year. 

Our OC is obviously. Or on the same page as our head coach is. For gods sake stop running Gordon out of the shotgun on draws. He sucks at it. He will never be good at it. He doesn't have the skill set for it. Keep running him on swing passes where he actually excels but stop thinking he is going to learn how to read shifts in the line. He's like the anti-Portis when it comes to that.

Top 5 pick incoming. A head coach that looks completely overwhelmed, an OC that doesn't scheme to his talent and a D.C. That just plain plays scared. Add in the ChargIRs health, the Spanos ineptitude and playing on the road for 16 games and this clown show is going to be Browns type bad.

Coach Anthony Lynn said the Chargers will stick with rookie K Younghoe Koo.

Lynn termed Koo's Week 2 as just a "bad day." Through his first two career games, Koo is 1-of-4 on field goals, having one blocked in the late fourth quarter in Denver in Week 1 that could have tied the game and then missing two, including the potential game-winner as time was expiring against the Dolphins on Sunday. Koo is 5-of-5 on extra points and can't afford any more "bad days."

Called it. Be prepared for more problems.

Not really surprised Koo is staying, though missing many more should mean he's gone. He might be 5/5 on extra points but I do remember a couple of them being dang close as well. 

I definitely see Lynn as being unprepared as well... similar to McCoy sadly. 

Think @Boltstrikes might be rubbing off on me... but lets assume we end up with a pick 5-10. What are the chances Deano pushes TT to mortgage the future to ensure either Darnold (USC) or Rosen (UCLA) get drafted? With Rivers getting up there and not having any success of recent, the chance to bring in one of the local guys to carry the LA flag into the future would probably be pretty important for Spanos. 

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

Think @Boltstrikes might be rubbing off on me... but lets assume we end up with a pick 5-10. What are the chances Deano pushes TT to mortgage the future to ensure either Darnold (USC) or Rosen (UCLA) get drafted? With Rivers getting up there and not having any success of recent, the chance to bring in one of the local guys to carry the LA flag into the future would probably be pretty important for Spanos. 

If Rivers is set to retire then ok but if Philip says he's coming back we can't sink that kind of capital into a player that won't contribute right away or ever... we have a horrid track record with drafts recently. We need to land that multi year all pro browl franchise cornerstone player and haven't done it since... 2007? Some ok players but no one that has played out a second contract at a high level. It's truly awful when you look at it.

4 hours ago, Zappaz said:

It definitely fits the boneheaded approach Dean has taken to the "Fight for LA," where he's literally treated the populace of the LA market the way you'd expect an out-of-touch NorCal billionaire to act if he believed the stereotypes were legitimate.  All he seems to understand is playing the "Ooh shiny!" game.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, Zappaz said:

@  Broncos     L

vs  Dolphins    W

vs  Chiefs          L

vs  Eagles         W

@  Giants          W

@  Raiders        L  

vs  Broncos      W

@  Patriots        L

@  Jaguars       W

vs  Bills              W

@  Cowboys      L

vs  Browns        W

vs  Redskins     W

@  Chiefs           L

@  Jets              W

vs  Raiders        L

I see 9-7. I think our D can keep us in most games but still not quite good enough vs our division. See this as an "almost there" type season. 

Also, @Boltstrikes you can't honestly think we are going to lose to the Jets... 

Well, I was just a little off on record but I was right about the D keeping us in games. Now that we are 1/2 way... anyone wanna change their predictions for the rest of the year?

GAME ---- First prediction ---- Actual result

@  Broncos     L - Loss

vs  Dolphins    W - Loss

vs  Chiefs          L - Loss

vs  Eagles         W - Loss

@  Giants          W - Win

@  Raiders        L  - Win

vs  Broncos      W - Win

@  Patriots        L - Loss

3-5 @ bye

GAME ---- First prediction ---- Prediction at bye

@  Jaguars       W - Loss

vs  Bills              W - Win

@  Cowboys      L - Loss

vs  Browns        W - Win

vs  Redskins     W - Win

@  Chiefs           L - Win

@  Jets              W - Win

vs  Raiders        L - Win

I think we go on a late year run going 6-2, including 5-0 to finish the year. That would put us at the 9-7 I originally predicted and probably just outside of the WC spot.

I see 6-10 with a ceiling of 8-8

Jags - L (we might get shutout in this one)

Bills - L

Cowboys - L

Browns - W

Redskins - W

Chiefs - L

Jets - W

Raiders - L 

Maybe we beat the Raiders and one of the Bills or Jags but I could also see us losing to the Redskins and possibly the Jets.  I say 6-10

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I sometimes watch highlights of Billy Volek's game winning drive against Indy. It's maybe the last time I was truly happy watching a game that mattered. 

You need to go to football counseling to find the passion that you lost or something stupid like that.

34 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

You need to go to football counseling to find the passion that you lost or something stupid like that.

I feel the passion is still there but it's all negative I scream at the tv a lot mainly at Travis Benjamin lately he needs to go for my mental health moving forward. 

Also that Ronnie Brown run vs Cincinnati the last playoff win I Almost forgot about. It is kinda sad that Volek and Ronnie Brown were responsible for my two most recent happiest moments in football.

McCree set the tone for my football experience in that I'm not allowed to be happy watching this team. 

Archived