Jaguars have not fired HC Doug Marrone... yet?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, .Buzz said:

He's changed quite drastically from his Buffalo days as far as his "hardass" label goes.

Foles was definitely by the hands of Coughlin. 

Is he is still ultra conservative though? I don't know if I have seen any Jags game this season but I know one thing he always use to do was punt at the worst times and put too much faith in a defense. He also seems too loyal to his coordinators (though firing Hackett last season was a step in the right direction).

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

only cuz Bortles Regressed.  Coughlin had final say but it was caldwells idea to give out an extension to bortles and then offer a deal for foles.  president has to sign off on it but other then that its all on Caldwell. 

No it wasn't.

You act like Coughlin didn't do anything but sign off on things to make sure nothing stupid happened. That's not true. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Is he is still ultra conservative though? I don't know if I have seen any Jags game this season but I know one thing he always use to do was punt at the worst times and put too much faith in a defense. He also seems too loyal to his coordinators (though firing Hackett last season was a step in the right direction).

his unwillingness to fire Todd Wash who refuses to do in game adjustments and matchups(looking at the 49ers/rams).   hes still a bit conservative tho that partly has to do with a lack of trust in our olines ability to block . 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah, he can be a tad conservative at times and definitely held onto Wash too long. We didn't really have anyone in house that would've changed the defense inseason though.

• Like 1

Tom Coughlin got fired because he tried to put his hands in everything and didn't sit back and do what his job was. 

The guy was literally out there during training camp helping run drills at times.

You think he didn't have a massive hand in player personnel/high draft picks/FA targets (especially the QB of this team)? Get outta here...

Just now, .Buzz said:

No it wasn't.

You act like Coughlin didn't do anything but sign off on things to make sure nothing stupid happened. That's not true. 

he was more involved with the coaching and finalizing things then actually making the decisions.   

look at caldwells draft history. the talent that he acquired for us hasnt really panned out minus the ramsey class and the top of that class only 1 is looking like they will return.  u gotta clean the entire House and not just kick tires on the HC.  Hes Fired Mularkey when he was hired. Hired Gus Bradley and retained Marrone from the Interim tag.   thats 3 coaches and your out,. 

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

he was more involved with the coaching and finalizing things then actually making the decisions.   

look at caldwells draft history. the talent that he acquired for us hasnt really panned out minus the ramsey class and the top of that class only 1 is looking like they will return.  u gotta clean the entire House and not just kick tires on the HC.  Hes Fired Mularkey when he was hired. Hired Gus Bradley and retained Marrone from the Interim tag.   thats 3 coaches and your out,. 

Dude, if you think Caldwell has been making all the picks/FA decisions since Coughlins got here...

Literally the first pick when Coughlin came in was Fournette. He is so obviously the prototypical ground and pound RB that Coughlin covets.

I don't like Dave but holy hell man...

Edited by .Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Tom Coughlin got fired because he tried to put his hands in everything and didn't sit back and do what his job was. 

The guy was literally out there during training camp helping run drills at times.

You think he didn't have a massive hand in player personnel/high draft picks/FA targets (especially the QB of this team)? Get outta here...

you act like Caldwell is completely compotent as a GM.  hes had almost 7 years to find a QB and hes gotten us 0 unless ur gonna count minshew as a QB but for minshew its TBD and thta was clearly more LUCK then actual skill. 

look at our OL. it was trash when he started here and its still relatively hot garbage even with Big FA acquistion(Norwell), Draft and extended(Linder) and Drafted Cam Robinson and Jawaan taylor both of whom dont play like starting caliber guys. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

you act like Caldwell is completely compotent as a GM.  hes had almost 7 years to find a QB and hes gotten us 0 unless ur gonna count minshew as a QB but for minshew its TBD and thta was clearly more LUCK then actual skill. 

look at our OL. it was trash when he started here and its still relatively hot garbage even with Big FA acquistion(Norwell), Draft and extended(Linder) and Drafted Cam Robinson and Jawaan taylor both of whom dont play like starting caliber guys. 

Where did I say he was great?

The fact your trying to pin all picks/FA signings on a guy that didn't head football operations is wild.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Dude, if you think Caldwell has been making all the picks/FA decisions since Coughlins got here...

Literally the first pick when Coughlin came in was Fournette. He is so obviously the prototypical ground and pound RB that Coughlin covets.

You seriously think this has been mainly Dave making personnel decisions the past 3 years, especially our top draft picks and high profile FA signing?

I don't like Dave but holy hell man...

even if thats the case his work from 2013-2017 says hes pretty imcompent as a talent scout.

lets look at the history of his 1st 3 rounds aka the rounds u should atleast have a solid contributor out of it.

Luke Joeckel(out of NFL since 2017 and was gone from us after the 2016 season)

Jonathan Cyprien(still in League but has been on 3 teams since he left us after the 2016 season)

Dwayne Gratz(last played in NFL in 2016

Blake Bortles(considered a big time bust who makes even basic plays more like an adventure like throwing an INT on a screen pass thrown at the rbs foot. he somehow got extended for 3 years and 54 million while still having his 5th year option and was promptly released the next year so we could sign foles LOLZ)

Marquise Lee(was extended in 2017 and has had 3 catches in the last 2 years because the dude has an inability to stay healthy. 

Allen Robinson(allowed to walk in FA last year because of his ACL injury)

Brandon Linder(got extended was a top 10 center in the league till this year where hes somehow one of the most penelized OL in the NFL this year). a real canidate to be cut. 

Dante Fowler(he lasted 3.5 years with the jags and was traded for a 3rd as he was scheduled to be a FA at the end of the year. 

TJ Yeldon(he was a good 3rd down back but he was supposed to be a starter but never could handle a full work load and is in Buffalo now and a weakly healthy scratch if im not mistaken. 

AJ Cann(hes been average-below average every year and was rewarded with a 3 year 15 million dollar extension)

Jalen Ramsey(traded off the jags this past season for 2 1st round picks and a 4th after issues with coughlin. not a bad return but its not a good look trading a star CB under team control tho.

Myles Jack(extended for 4 years 57 million with 33 million guranteed and the team continued to play him at MLB when hes shown hes not capable of playing the position well compared to Sam or Will tho it would be a projection to will as he was a Sam prior to Poz retiring. 

Yannick Ngakoue(top 10 Sack artist since hes been in the league and is reportedly playing his last game for the jags tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Where did I say he wathe fact they even s great?

The fact your trying to pin all picks/FA signings on a guy that didn't head football operations is wild.

the fact hes blown FA signings/draft picks means nothing to u.  i get not every pick will be a hit but come on.  hes had 3 COACHES.  most GMs get 1 coach maybe 2 if the coach retires. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

even if thats the case his work from 2013-2017 says hes pretty imcompent as a talent scout.

lets look at the history of his 1st 3 rounds aka the rounds u should atleast have a solid contributor out of it.

Luke Joeckel(out of NFL since 2017 and was gone from us after the 2016 season)

Jonathan Cyprien(still in League but has been on 3 teams since he left us after the 2016 season)

Dwayne Gratz(last played in NFL in 2016

Blake Bortles(considered a big time bust who makes even basic plays more like an adventure like throwing an INT on a screen pass thrown at the rbs foot. he somehow got extended for 3 years and 54 million while still having his 5th year option and was promptly released the next year so we could sign foles LOLZ)

Marquise Lee(was extended in 2017 and has had 3 catches in the last 2 years because the dude has an inability to stay healthy. 

Allen Robinson(allowed to walk in FA last year because of his ACL injury)

Brandon Linder(got extended was a top 10 center in the league till this year where hes somehow one of the most penelized OL in the NFL this year). a real canidate to be cut. 

Dante Fowler(he lasted 3.5 years with the jags and was traded for a 3rd as he was scheduled to be a FA at the end of the year. 

TJ Yeldon(he was a good 3rd down back but he was supposed to be a starter but never could handle a full work load and is in Buffalo now and a weakly healthy scratch if im not mistaken. 

AJ Cann(hes been average-below average every year and was rewarded with a 3 year 15 million dollar extension)

Jalen Ramsey(traded off the jags this past season for 2 1st round picks and a 4th after issues with coughlin. not a bad return but its not a good look trading a star CB under team control tho.

Myles Jack(extended for 4 years 57 million with 33 million guranteed and the team continued to play him at MLB when hes shown hes not capable of playing the position well compared to Sam or Will tho it would be a projection to will as he was a Sam prior to Poz retiring. 

Yannick Ngakoue(top 10 Sack artist since hes been in the league and is reportedly playing his last game for the jags tomorrow. 

You are arguing a completely different thing here.

I never said Dave was a good GM.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

the fact hes blown FA signings/draft picks means nothing to u.  i get not every pick will be a hit but come on.  hes had 3 COACHES.  most GMs get 1 coach maybe 2 if the coach retires. 

Again, this isn't what I was arguing.

I'm not backing Caldwell. I want him gone just like most Jags fans.