Head coach candidates

lavar703

I think ultimately Marvin Lewis gets this job with KOC staying on as OC. With that said, this is how I rank the coaching candidates based on their likelihood of getting the job.

1. Marvin Lewis- Not who I'd pick but everything I've read is Snyder loves him and trusts him. I still think he's a good coach and would do a lot of good for this franchise but he will never get us to where we need to be.

2. Ron Rivera- I'm not as high on Rivera as many others. I think he's held the Panthers back more than pushed them forward.  I really hope he doesn't get the job here.

3. Mike McCarthy- I would hate this hire more than any other. The packers fire him and immediately look like a great team again. He was their problem for years.

4. Eric Bieinemy - Seems like a good coach. I have to study him more to get a real feel on what his offense would bring outside of what Pat Mahomes makes it look like.

5. Urban Meyer- Like I've said before, this isn't happening. He's not coming here to put up with Snyder. The guy can have any coaching job on the planet that he wants and there's no way that would include the Redskins. 

Right now I think its Lewis. Out of everybody available to us I just don't see a better candidate. We're basically picking from retreads at this point and nobody really wants to come here.

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think ultimately Marvin Lewis gets this job with KOC staying on as OC. With that said, this is how I rank the coaching candidates based on their likelihood of getting the job.

1. Marvin Lewis- Not who I'd pick but everything I've read is Snyder loves him and trusts him. I still think he's a good coach and would do a lot of good for this franchise but he will never get us to where we need to be.

2. Ron Rivera- I'm not as high on Rivera as many others. I think he's held the Panthers back more than pushed them forward.  I really hope he doesn't get the job here.

3. Mike McCarthy- I would hate this hire more than any other. The packers fire him and immediately look like a great team again. He was their problem for years.

4. Eric Bieinemy - Seems like a good coach. I have to study him more to get a real feel on what his offense would bring outside of what Pat Mahomes makes it look like.

5. Urban Meyer- Like I've said before, this isn't happening. He's not coming here to put up with Snyder. The guy can have any coaching job on the planet that he wants and there's no way that would include the Redskins. 

Right now I think its Lewis. Out of everybody available to us I just don't see a better candidate. We're basically picking from retreads at this point and nobody really wants to come here.

I would be very disappointed if Marvin Lewis was hired.  He is a barely .500 coach who has never won a post season game.  He is essentially representative of the status quo here.  Plus he is old, I can't imagine him evolving at this point in his career.  Please no.

• Like 1

Marvin Lewis has already been the head coach in Washington.  From his time here and in Cincinnati, he knows how to work with a meddling owner, and Snyder can step out of the shadows and handle things up front like Jerry Jones and Mike Brown do.  This is the perfect hire for Danny.  

Although I will have to say, he is a CEO-type coach.  He never pushed his own defensive system, and has graduated quite a few assistants to head coaching jobs.  

I wouldn't hate this hire on the level of coaching and on the field.  However, it would represent that the status quo is staying the same, and ultimately, that is what is going to have to change.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jason La Canfora reporting the primary objective is to acquire Tomlin's rights from the Steelers.  After that, names that are being discussed are Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, Todd Bowles, Urban Meyer and..........Gregg Williams.  

All in all.......that is not an inspiring list.  

We better not trade our #2 pick for Tomlin. God that would be horrible. And I like Tomlin.

I'd rather have Hue Jackson & Chase Young for God's sakes...

Ok....I'm kinda kidding...I think

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

We better not trade our #2 pick for Tomlin. God that would be horrible. And I like Tomlin.

I'd rather have Hue Jackson & Chase Young for God's sakes...

Ok....I'm kinda kidding...I think

My bet would be it is 2021's first that is dealt if that's the case.  

The same article also stated at the end that Snyder is still high on Haskins, as well as Kevin O'Connell and Bill Callahan, so the idea that a head coach with a defensive mindset is brought on board and keeping those assistants is a strong possibility.  

This just goes from bad to worse.  No coach should be forced to keep anyone.  I bet we end up with the first ever "Co-Head Coaches" in O'Connell and Callahan. 

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jason La Canfora reporting the primary objective is to acquire Tomlin's rights from the Steelers.  After that, names that are being discussed are Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, Todd Bowles, Urban Meyer and..........Gregg Williams.  

So that means, they trade for Tomlin and he retires, citing that he’ll never work for Dan Snyder! Haha 😂 

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If the Steelers let Mike Tomlin leave they're beyond dumb. He's a damn good coach.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Marvin Lewis could make us a 6-10 / 7-9 team every year which is just about the status quo under Snyder. We’ll never win anything of meaning, but Dan can sell us that we’re one year away. 

Lovie would get us 10 Wins. I'd bet on it.

1st coach to do that in forever.

11 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Marvin Lewis could make us a 6-10 / 7-9 team every year which is just about the status quo under Snyder. We’ll never win anything of meaning, but Dan can sell us that we’re one year away. 

Exactly.

If we hire a retread, I want a winner.  Otherwise give me youth.