Head coach candidates

lavar703

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Plus we will be trading Chase Young for him.  :)

Tomlin is a winner, but he also has always had very talented teams.

I don't think the #2 pick will be on the table.  Maybe a 2021 early rounder, but no way would the Redskins trade this year's pick as high as it is.  

With Tomlin, I think that you look at him as a CEO type coach who can install the culture.  He's always let the OC and DC run their own schemes.  Yes, he's had talent, but he also knows how to get the right coaches here, with the right schemes and get the most out of the players.  

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't think the #2 pick will be on the table.  Maybe a 2021 early rounder, but no way would the Redskins trade this year's pick as high as it is.  

With Tomlin, I think that you look at him as a CEO type coach who can install the culture.  He's always let the OC and DC run their own schemes.  Yes, he's had talent, but he also knows how to get the right coaches here, with the right schemes and get the most out of the players.  

would the steelers entertain anything else besides the top 5 pick this year? Cause why would they want to trade him unless its for something insane. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

would the steelers entertain anything else besides the top 5 pick this year? Cause why would they want to trade him unless its for something insane. 

There hasn't been a high first round pick like that exchanged for a head coach.  And if Tomlin goes public about wanting to be "closer" to family in Virginia, where the Redskins practice and have their offices, then that takes away any leverage for the Steelers to try and pry for that pick.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There hasn't been a high first round pick like that exchanged for a head coach.  And if Tomlin goes public about wanting to be "closer" to family in Virginia, where the Redskins practice and have their offices, then that takes away any leverage for the Steelers to try and pry for that pick.  

maybe tomlin wants to leave but i think that would be pretty weird. Steelers dont fire coaches its a good gig.

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

If we hire Lewis guys I’m just letting you know that I’m pretty much hanging up my vestment in this team

There’s no way Snyder thinks he can re-energize the fan base by hiring Marvin Lewis. Even sadder is that if he is indeed hired you could pencil in Hue Jackson as OC. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Ron Rivera reportedly the front runner to be the Redskins HC. I’d love it if this happens!

Wondering why? Out of 9 seasons he had 6 sub .500. Just seems like more of the same to me.

We need either a big name or a fresh face. Dont care for retreads personally.