Head coach candidates

lavar703

41 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m wondering what happens to KOC, when a new HC gets named. Also there were Tweets that Snyder was looking into GMs and Rick Smith and Louis Riddick’s came up. I guess so much for the GM picking the coach. Also what happens with K Smith. Lot of things to be determined. 

The same speculation in an article I saw that had the same mentions of the GMs was that Snyder is a huge fan of O'Connell and Callahan, and that the new hire could have a defensive slant so they could keep both coaches.  Sounds like another Zorn type situation to me, which means Snyder has learned nothing.  

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The same speculation in an article I saw that had the same mentions of the GMs was that Snyder is a huge fan of O'Connell and Callahan, and that the new hire could have a defensive slant so they could keep both coaches.  Sounds like another Zorn type situation to me, which means Snyder has learned nothing.  

Dude you’ve gotta stop believing everything you read. They all have different stories. And I bet Callahan is in Cincinnati with his son next year. I’d love for KOC to stay on at this point considering the progress Haskins was making. I don’t want to Jason Campbell him. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Dude you’ve gotta stop believing everything you read. They all have different stories. And I bet Callahan is in Cincinnati with his son next year. I’d love for KOC to stay on at this point considering the progress Haskins was making. I don’t want to Jason Campbell him. 

Because it's happened before, it can happen again.  Besides, what are the odds that Snyder has learned anything and actually does this the right way?  20 years of ownership speaks volumes here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Because it's happened before, it can happen again.  Besides, what are the odds that Snyder has learned anything and actually does this the right way?  20 years of ownership speaks volumes here.

When has he hired a new coach and then kept the interim coach the following season? It’s not happening. Callahan is gone. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

When has he hired a new coach and then kept the interim coach the following season? It’s not happening. Callahan is gone. 

Nope, but he hired an OC before a head coach before, then ended up stuck with no head coach.  Keeping the interim head coach, who has actually done a great job with the offensive line and improving discipline with the younger players, isn't a big leap from hiring an OC before the head coach.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Nope, but he hired an OC before a head coach before, then ended up stuck with no head coach.  Keeping the interim head coach, who has actually done a great job with the offensive line and improving discipline with the younger players, isn't a big leap from hiring an OC before the head coach.  

That was the year he gave Cerrato full control and Zorn was a Cerrato guy. That obviously never should’ve happened but nobody was taking that job when he decided to give Vinnie that level of control. 

Im choosing to wait this out. I’m not totally convinced Bruce is staying on in any capacity and I personally do not understand why he would accept a demotion? Once the full information is out there then I’ll decide how I feel and what I’ll do as a fan. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That was the year he gave Cerrato full control and Zorn was a Cerrato guy. That obviously never should’ve happened but nobody was taking that job when he decided to give Vinnie that level of control. 

Im choosing to wait this out. I’m not totally convinced Bruce is staying on in any capacity and I personally do not understand why he would accept a demotion? Once the full information is out there then I’ll decide how I feel and what I’ll do as a fan. 

He's had power taken from him before, and he's regained it back.  There's precedent for that too.  I actually won't be as upset about it if Snyder just demotes him to business operations rather than give him some BS title like "New Stadium Liaison."  We know what influence he will exert if he's still in the building.  

I still think Urban Meyer will be part of this organization, somehow.

I don't think him being in the box was a coincidence & neither do I think Haskins & Terry McLaurin sitting out wk-17 is a coincidence either.

Yes, I know Haskins has an ankle sprain & Terry is in concussion protocol. But I really think it's more than that. Like....Urban Meyer already making football decisions, for the betterment of the team.

At least, I hope.

I want to say 1 more thing to those people who want a GM hired....then a head coach....then staff & scouts & doctors, etc. All in cronological order like a proper football team should be.

Did you ever think that maybe Snyder knows he's got to move quickly, if he wants to get his guy(s).

Cause we all know after we end the Cowboys dreams today...lol

Garrett will be fired from Dallas.

Shurmer probably gets canned from the Giants.

Jags already looking...

Kitchens probably getting canned from browns.

Patricia maybe from Lions

Gase maybe from Jets

And on, and on and on ..

Point is, Snyder has to move quick if he has a plan.

He doesn't have all freaking month to hire a GM, so that guy can sat on his thumbs.

We're not picking the next pope here & waiting for white smoke. (Or is it dark)

Snyder has to move quickly....

Otherwise, if we wait?

Our coaching options might be Hue Jackson or Joe Barry.

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I want to say 1 more thing to those people who want a GM hired....then a head coach....then staff & scouts & doctors, etc. All in cronological order like a proper football team should be.

Did you ever think that maybe Snyder knows he's got to move quickly, if he wants to get his guy(s).

Cause we all know after we end the Cowboys dreams today...lol

Garrett will be fired from Dallas.

Shurmer probably gets canned from the Giants.

Jags already looking...

Kitchens probably getting canned from browns.

Patricia maybe from Lions

Gase maybe from Jets

And on, and on and on ..

Point is, Snyder has to move quick if he has a plan.

He doesn't have all freaking month to hire a GM, so that guy can sat on his thumbs.

We're not picking the next pope here & waiting for white smoke. (Or is it dark)

Snyder has to move quickly....

Otherwise, if we wait?

Our coaching options might be Hue Jackson or Joe Barry.

If he had a plan, he would've been moving on a GM earlier in the year instead of waiting until the end like this.  So that should tell us all about where this is going to end up, plus 20 years of history.  

Even hiring a GM and saying he's going to evaluate everything from the top down and keeping the coaching staff intact for another year would be better than hiring the coach first, GM second.  That's not the way the smart organizations play it.  And I could get behind that if the person truly has full control over football operations and Snyder stays out of it. 

• Like 2