2020 FA Help For Kahil Mack

Steel Worker

With the 2019 Bears season ending in epic failure, and many pressing needs this team needs to get back in contention next year I would like to see the Bears address the OLB position opposite Mac by adding one FA, and drafting at least 1 Edge Rusher in the upcoming NFL draft. My choice at FA for the position is Whitney Mercilus.  Former Illinois Alumni guy, who can get to the QB.  He will be 30, by next season, and I believe he might want to play for the "Home Team" next year.  I do not see him commanding a big contract, maybe a 2 year deal at 6 million.  Then Pace can draft a developing player in the later rounds.  Lynch and Irving gotta go.  I was one fan who fell for the early season hype the Floyd would be a big digit sack guy this year across from Mac I was wrong.  It would not sadden me if The Bears moved on from him, saving that money for bolstering another position of need.  I would not even be surprised if The Bears invited Shane Ray to camp next year, leaving no stone unturned. Pace better get it right. Also for the CB position if The Prince is a cap casualty,  I would like to see the Bears go after A. J. Boyue,  rumor has it the Jags may cut him. He is a man coverage CB, and would certainly fit Pagano's Defense in the secondary.

Edited by Steel Worker

18 hours ago, Steel Worker said:

With the 2019 Bears season ending in epic failure, and many pressing needs this team needs to get back in contention next year I would like to see the Bears address the OLB position opposite Mac by adding one FA, and drafting at least 1 Edge Rusher in the upcoming NFL draft. My choice at FA for the position is Whitney Mercilus.  Former Illinois Alumni guy, who can get to the QB.  He will be 30, by next season, and I believe he might want to play for the "Home Team" next year.  I do not see him commanding a big contract, maybe a 2 year deal at 6 million.  Then Pace can draft a developing player in the later rounds.  Lynch and Irving gotta go.  I was one fan who fell for the early season hype the Floyd would be a big digit sack guy this year across from Mac I was wrong.  It would not sadden me if The Bears moved on from him, saving that money for bolstering another position of need.  I would not even be surprised if The Bears invited Shane Ray to camp next year, leaving no stone unturned. Pace better get it right. Also for the CB position if The Prince is a cap casualty,  I would like to see the Bears go after A. J. Boyue,  rumor has it the Jags may cut him. He is a man coverage CB, and would certainly fit Pagano's Defense in the secondary.

I can see the Bears bringing Floyd back one last year and drafting his replacement in the 2nd round this year. Floyd is not a pass rusher as he is an off the ball linebacker. The Bears pass rush would improve by just having Hicks play the entire season. So they could use another DL. also.

Prince is not worth the cap space going forward and should be cut. That money should go to offense. Though i would hope the Bears would draft his replacement as the money should go to TE.

1 hour ago, Hurricanes773 said:

I would rescind the offer option on Leonard Floyd and sign Dante Fowler Jr. And finally let him line up at his natural position of OLB instead of DE... 

I know we need a TE and OT but the money saved from Kyle Long(cut) and Amukamara(cut) will have to pay for a QB

Who would you want to go after for QB? The FA class looks like crap to me. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Dalton, Carr or Newton

Gross. On a one year deal I guess that's ok but committing to any of them longer that is a mistake. 

Dalton is better than his stats indicate but crumbles under pressure, which our OL is giving a ton of. 

Carr isn't taking a 1 year deal and isn't worth a long term deal

Newton is an older and more injury prone Trubisky. 

I'd rather use draft pick on competition and stack talent around the QB. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Gross. On a one year deal I guess that's ok but committing to any of them longer that is a mistake. 

Dalton is better than his stats indicate but crumbles under pressure, which our OL is giving a ton of. 

Carr isn't taking a 1 year deal and isn't worth a long term deal

Newton is an older and more injury prone Trubisky. 

I'd rather use draft pick on competition and stack talent around the QB. 

I don't necessarily want any of those, but if Pace decides to go all-in with this defense, all 3 of those guys are better options than Trubisky to get them to the Super Bowl.

Vic Beasley is my FA target to replace Floyd...

Kid has demonstrated ability to pass rush, which is more than Floyd has shown, which will help Mack...

The other thing that will help Mack involve fixing the busted offense so we actually have the lead during the games, ESPECIALLY if we can go up by multiple scores and force the opposing team to go pass happy.

Edited by Epyon