Ravens Re-sign Peters to a 3 yr deal

M.10.E

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Add that Marlon will be getting paid (he's a must sign) and Tavon coming back off injury next year. We're minted at CB 

Technically don't need to do it before the 2022 off-season as he's got one more year on his rookie deal, plus the 5th year option, but I agree with your sentiment

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Got to add that I'm really liking how aggressive EDC is in signing guys he wants to sign instead of waiting until the off-season like Ozzie seemed to like to do

This is a question I was pondering to myself just now. Do you think it secretly drove Eric nuts to sit beside Ozzie and watch him take that approach? He must've been seething considering his approach this year. 

We can certainly see how much more "aggressive" Eric DeCosta is when it comes to roster turnover compared to Ozzie's "lets wait and see approach/right player right price".

I think Peters is a risky extension. When there is smoke, there is a fire, and despite his accolades, two organizations have grown tired of him early. Now, players can mature and change, he has played really well so far, he fit what we want to do, but I still feel it is risky.

I wonder what this will mean for Jimmy Smith

• Like 1

Great deal. But it just puts to rest what i feel we had all anticipated happening in getting Peters resigned.

Ultimately with Brandon Carr likely to retire with 3 great corners starting I think we would still be quite thin with our depth and thus I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy Smith was resigned to a team friendly deal. I get the feeling that for him he likes this city and organization, and the shot at winning.

We’ll either pay Judon or Smith, is my thoughts. Of the two Smith would present the least amount of years committed and Judon would net the bigger comp pick. We’ve seemingly been looking to build this defense from the back to the front with our investments, so allowing Pierce and Judon to walk might simply be par for the course.

I mean how much value would another team really offer an injury prone corner anyway? I could see the Ravens offering Smith a $7.5-8.5m/yr deal if/once Carr retires. Could put Smith/Peters along the edges with Young in the slot and Humphrey playing some S, along with potentially being our TE cover option. Wonder what Smith might look like if he got the TE cover reps.

• Like 1