Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rdelaney89

Andrew Luck

Recommended Posts

There is a rumor that Andrew Luck is not thrilled with his current situation. His agent has since come out and said Andrew is not upset and is not looking to be traded. The story likely ends there but hypotheticals are always fun, so here's the question:

 

If we finish with the #1 pick would you give up that plus another 1st rounder to land Andrew Luck?

 

Does the trade make sense for all parties? If not than what value makes sense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, because if we traded for him he would just be in the same situation as the colts but a better Defense and I would rather just do it the right way and Take a QB and build a young growing team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

No, because if we traded for him he would just be in the same situation as the colts but a better Defense and I would rather just do it the right way and Take a QB and build a young growing team

We'd still have $60M+ in cap if we cut Mo and add Luck. That's not including potential cuts like Skrine or Kearse which would give us an additional $11M. I hope the situation never presents itself because it think our fan base will hate the move regardless. If we didn't trade for him then we'd be fools for not taking a sure thing while having $60M to surround him with talent or if we take him and one of the QBs in this draft becomes a stud then fans will riot because we made the trade.

Edited by rdelaney89
Numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck for #1 and another 1st?

I wouldn't be mad about it but unless I'm crazy I feel like he's been very injured recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck just turned 29...im not giving up a number 1 overall plus next years 1st. thats not how you rebuild. plus hes injury prone and battling one now. 

We draft #1 overall get a 22 year old kid who is going to be able to play right away, maybe not at lucks level yet but will sill be an upgrade over what we have now and we have contract control over him for at least 4 years.Than at age 26 or 27 we sign him long term and hes still years younger than Luck is now. Obviously the argument is that Luck is a sure thing and niether Darnold or Rosen are, but they are both the two best prospects to come out since Winston and Mariota and may even project to be better. 

Not a move I would make for realistically 5 good years of luck and a rebuilding scenario. Just makes no sense. Its a typical Jets move. Strip the roster, lose out for #1 overall, actually get there and than ship that pick and 2019s for a 29 year old injury prone QB. No thanks. Not to mention Luck has never wanted any part of coming here. Hard Pass. Time to learn from previous mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say no because I really like this class. At the most, we're getting only 10 more years from Luck. That isn't bad, but I can see Rosen or Darnold being just as good as Luck or close. If Rosen and Darnold go back to school and Jackson/Allen doesn't look the part, then I'll consider it.  we'll still have $50M+ of cap space to add weapons around luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Luck just turned 29...im not giving up a number 1 overall plus next years 1st. thats not how you rebuild. plus hes injury prone and battling one now. 

We draft #1 overall get a 22 year old kid who is going to be able to play right away, maybe not at lucks level yet but will sill be an upgrade over what we have now and we have contract control over him for at least 4 years.Than at age 26 or 27 we sign him long term and hes still years younger than Luck is now. Obviously the argument is that Luck is a sure thing and niether Darnold or Rosen are, but they are both the two best prospects to come out since Winston and Mariota and may even project to be better. 

Not a move I would make for realistically 5 good years of luck and a rebuilding scenario. Just makes no sense. Its a typical Jets move. Strip the roster, lose out for #1 overall, actually get there and than ship that pick and 2019s for a 29 year old injury prone QB. No thanks. Not to mention Luck has never wanted any part of coming here. Hard Pass. Time to learn from previous mistakes. 

Luck's 27 but I agree rather build the team with a young QB than try and spend it all on a run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

There is a rumor that Andrew Luck is not thrilled with his current situation. His agent has since come out and said Andrew is not upset and is not looking to be traded. The story likely ends there but hypotheticals are always fun, so here's the question:

 

If we finish with the #1 pick would you give up that plus another 1st rounder to land Andrew Luck?

 

Does the trade make sense for all parties? If not than what value makes sense? 

Years ago I would have said yes but today is a different story, we gone so long with rethreads from other teams, and our own bad draft picks. It sounds corny but I want my own QB thru the draft like we did with Joe Namath. I am not saying this is right but it is how I feel  now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Years ago I would have said yes but today is a different story, we gone so long with rethreads from other teams, and our own bad draft picks. It sounds corny but I want my own QB thru the draft like we did with Joe Namath. I am not saying this is right but it is how I feel  now.

No its right lol. Luck turned 28 on tuesday, will be 29 to start the year next year...thanks but no thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Darnold reminds me of Luck, if he enters and we have the 1st pick, we better take him.  We have more work needed than just a QB, but building around a QB like Darnold would be a great start to a successful rebuild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love this QB class but the draft scares me because it's so hard to project QB's into the NFL. I like the idea of Luck for 10 more years than a gamble of the draft. I do love the idea of being able to grow our own QB potentially though. No wrong answer really, I hope this never becomes a legit topic because I think that puts us in a very awkward situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would trade #1 overall for Luck straight up.

 

Having a franchise QB for the next 10 years would be franchise changing. Don't kid yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...