Andrew Luck

rdelaney89

Lots of things still have to happen like us landing the #1 and the young guys like Darold/Rosen coming out but I'll bite even though it seems like a false rumor to begin with.

Would I do the trade of two 1st's for Luck?  I guess it all depends on how I view Darold or Rosen come next year.  I'd prefer to have one of them separate from the pack and look like the next great QB and select them.  If one of them is the next Luck you would rather have him at 22 or 23 instead of a guy with shoulder issues at 29 despite being more proven.

I'd hesitate to do it and might take the risk on the young guy and hope for the best.  I mean as starved as we are for a QB Luck could give us a solid 7-8 great years at least.  Problem is it might take 2-3 to build this roster up to championship contenders.  We might open a 5-6 year window to win but if we don't we just sacrificed what could become a decade + window leading to sustained success. 

It's really a tough question to answer but my gut says take the risk on the kid.

Rosen and Darnold will be 21 next year. 3 years to build. Now we're looking at a competitive team with a 24 year old franchise QB. I have to go with the pick. I don't think Luck will be traded. Colts will probably look to make big moves to finally add some talent to the team. 

It's actually not crazy to think we can land our QB, RB, C, LT, and WR between 1-4 round & $80M+ cap space. We have our building pieces on defense. We can add FA's to some of the positions in that group as well. Don't need a big splash on defense.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Rosen and Darnold will be 21 next year. 3 years to build. Now we're looking at a competitive team with a 24 year old franchise QB. I have to go with the pick. I don't think Luck will be traded. Colts will probably look to make big moves to finally add some talent to the team. 

It's actually not crazy to think we can land our QB, RB, C, LT, and WR between 1-4 round & $80M+ cap space. We have our building pieces on defense. We can add FA's to some of the positions in that group as well. Don't need a big splash on defense.

I still say Darnold doesn't declare. And to play the other side... Rosen could be a flop.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Hard to say No to it. Man Luck would be pissed though. To go from throwing to Hilton and Moncrief to Anderson and Kearse.

We save $5M by cutting Kearse next year. If Luck came here you'd have to think we could draw at least 1 receiver plus Enunwa on a prove it deal after the injury. Realistically we'd need to load up on OL and add 1 or 2 skill position players in FA prior to making that deal.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I still say Darnold doesn't declare. And to play the other side... Rosen could be a flop.

It's possible, but we have to wait and see anyway because They will wait to see who has what pick before trading Luck (if they were) anyway. So we will have time to see who can declare. Darnold can bust as well. We can pick up Luck and injuries continue to hurt us or he decides to retire by age 34 or 35 only give us a good 5 seasons. The difference is that we will know what we have with Luck on the field.

I don't hate the idea of trading for Luck, but I would be mad if Rosen & Darnold end up becoming Brees & Rodgers at a younger age and Luck doesn't work out. There is a lot of "if's" in this game. I really want to end this annual QB search badly, so I'll end up loving Luck anyway. I'll just hope we can put together a SB contending team fast enough. Maybe some mock drafts would help me out. lol

If this was the 2015 or 2016 roster that actually had receivers on it? Sure. 2017? Have you lost your mind? Luck's been injured the past 3 seasons and he would be coming to a team with ZERO offensive talent that just gave up two big building blocks in order to get him in addition to likely a new coach and a new GM? Sounds like a recipe of disaster.

9 hours ago, Malik said:

If this was the 2015 or 2016 roster that actually had receivers on it? Sure. 2017? Have you lost your mind? Luck's been injured the past 3 seasons and he would be coming to a team with ZERO offensive talent that just gave up two big building blocks in order to get him in addition to likely a new coach and a new GM? Sounds like a recipe of disaster.

Sounds like something Woody would do?

We need a franchise QB, IDC if Rivers, Luck, Cousins, Bortles, Stafford, anyone that is not draftable, became available.  We need a draft pick to come in and change the franchise.  Carr, Mariota, Dak, DangeRuss, Wentz, Winston.  These guys have come in and made a difference or at least steered the franchise into the right direction.  Cincy missed with Dalton and have been stuck like we have, Houston hasn't been able to hit, Miami and Jax were always supposed to make the jump but haven't, let them get Luck and make a run for a few years.  I'd rather build.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:19 PM, GreenShore said:

I would trade #1 overall for Luck straight up.

Having a franchise QB for the next 10 years would be franchise changing. Don't kid yourself.

This is true.  When the qb spot is set you can concentrate on building other spots. When it isn't, it doesn't matter how many other spots are set. The team will lose and get older in the process. 

14 hours ago, Malik said:

Idea is that we'd trade for him after FA when we would have added the talent & would already know who our HC or GM will be.

Archived