Ravens extend CB Marcus Peters (3 years, $42M, $32M GTD)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's been unbelievable. 

I haven't watched him much but it's 6 games roughly. He wasn't unbelievable over the 20+ games prior to that. 

And in the games I've watched him he hasn't been unbelievable. He wasn't good in the 49ers game. 

I wanted to like Peters after he gutted through injury last year but I hated his play and hated him on the Rams. I can't see this deal working out for Baltimore. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I wanted to like Peters after he gutted through injury last year but I hated his play and hated him on the Rams. I can't see this deal working out for Baltimore. 

That’s the thing though, I think he was misused in LA. Peters was a turnover machine in KC, albeit he rubbed the coaching staff the wrong way and had shown to be lazy with his tackling. He goes to LA, plays through some injuries, and has a down year despite playing on a defense that certainly had talent. Then he goes to Baltimore and in a limited capacity, looks the best he ever has. We all know Phillips has a scheme that he pretty much abides by, I think he deserves the most blame on the bad outings in LA. 

I’m of the mindset that Peters flourishes in a niche role that allows him to be himself in terms of baiting/challenging the offense. I’m not sure he was in that position with the Rams. We’ll see how it goes, although it’s worth mentioning that $20M or so of this contract is in 2020, so it should be easy to bail from even if Peters bombs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's been unbelievable. 

Not really. Has the Ravens defense improved overall since acquiring him? Definitely. Smith also came back to the line up right around the same time if I recall. Individually, Peters hasn't been any different with the Ravens. He'll make some spectacular plays, but equally gives up bad (very bad) plays.