Update: Bruce Allen fired; no longer with Redskins organisation

drd23

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

So is Marvin Lewis going to be the GM and HC?

Strangely, I could see Marvin Lewis thriving at Washington due to his experience coaching for a difficult owner already. If Snider would give him any say whatsoever, then the Redskins have a chance to be good. I don't think they would ever become elite though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Strangely, I could see Marvin Lewis thriving at Washington due to his experience coaching for a difficult owner already. If Snider would give him any say whatsoever, then the Redskins have a chance to be good. I don't think they would ever become elite though. 

He already was essentially the head coach during the first Spurrier year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Santa coming a few days late for Redskins fans?

It specifically says football operations.  I'm hearing rumors that Snyder plans to retain him, at least in a role related to the new stadium, but potentially still as head of business operations.  Which means nothing changes.  Bruce has been reassigned before, as recent as a year ago when he regained power over the business side.  He's Snyder's late night drinking buddy and "Redskins Royalty" due to his father.  Brother George was also seen in the owner's box late this year. 

If Bruce isn't out of the organization completely, nothing changes, and the fans still won't be happy.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It specifically says football operations.  I'm hearing rumors that Snyder plans to retain him, at least in a role related to the new stadium, but potentially still as head of business operations.  Which means nothing changes.  Bruce has been reassigned before, as recent as a year ago when he regained power over the business side.  He's Snyder's late night drinking buddy and "Redskins Royalty" due to his father.  Brother George was also seen in the owner's box late this year. 

If Bruce isn't out of the organization completely, nothing changes, and the fans still won't be happy.  

So basically, Bruce Allen is herpes. He may disappear for awhile, but he'll always pop back up to ruin things at the most inopportune time.

• Like 9