Update: Bruce Allen fired; no longer with Redskins organisation

drd23

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

So basically, Bruce Allen is herpes. He may disappear for awhile, but he'll always pop back up to ruin things at the most inopportune time.

Yep.  He came in as a non-negotiable by Mike Shanahan.  Shanahan wanted full control over personnel, and for Allen to run the other parts of the front office and handle contracts.  At the end, Allen sided with Snyder and gained power.  Scot McCloughan was brought in as a traditional GM, relegating Allen to the business side, and that lasted for two years until the team leaked that his alcoholism resurfaced and they fired him with cause, putting Allen back in charge of football and business operations.  18 months ago, Snyder hired Brian Lafemina away from the NFL league office to run the business side, and Allen eventually sabotaged that one and when they found out he planned to quit, Allen and Snyder fired him and so Allen took over both business and football again this off-season.  

So yeah, herpes is the correct description.  As long as he is involved in the organization, he's a problem.  This is why people are being very careful in their reporting right now, saying he's being removed from football operations.  It may be as little as a ceremonious title like "New Stadium Liaison" or it could be he is still team president, just out of the report line for football operations.  But as I outlined briefly, any part of Allen in the organization is bad.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Rams are looking to hire Allen apparently. Good luck LA fans.

LOL. Sounds like the sort of thing Allen would leak to make himself look better. Even if he did join the Rams, he'd have no power over football decisions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Seriously would not be the worst thing ever. He won't win a playoff game, but he could probably get them back to respectability

What's respectable about never winning a single playoff game?  Yeah, I guess you're not the ugliest girl at the dance, but you're still a 300 pounder.  If my team put me through as much misery as the Redskins ownership has done with it's fans, I would be absolutely livid if they hired a guy like Marvin Lewis, who was the personification of mediocrity in Cincinnati. 

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:
10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sad sad sad day for rest of the NFCE! Damn you Snyder! Only thing worse then this will be if Jerry actually fires Jason!

and you guys will  the ones that made it happen. how does that feel

Sucks actually,  much rather have a 👏👏 Garrett 10 yr extension. Dallas might still back into the playoffs,  so there's a chance!!!

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

What's respectable about never winning a single playoff game?  Yeah, I guess you're not the ugliest girl at the dance, but you're still a 300 pounder.  If my team put me through as much misery as the Redskins ownership has done with it's fans, I would be absolutely livid if they hired a guy like Marvin Lewis, who was the personification of mediocrity in Cincinnati. 

Can't argue that there are better candidates out there. But who is willing to work for Snyder?