Update: Bruce Allen fired; no longer with Redskins organisation

drd23

7 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Can't argue that there are better candidates out there. But who is willing to work for Snyder?

Apparently Ron Rivera.  According to JLC, who actually does have solid info coming out of the Redskins offices, tomorrow won't be the first meeting with Rivera and Snyder is prepared to make a large financial commitment to him.  

Money talks I guess.  I'm not even a big fan of Rivera and don't want him as our coach and I still believe he has better options he could take, including some DC jobs once other guys get fired or moved around.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Rivera seems like a solid hire but hiring a head coach before you hire someone to head your football operations/someone at GM seems like an awfully backwards way of doing things, unless they just plan on giving Rivera GM power as well, which HC/GM being the same person rarely works out.

It most certainly is, though more teams are doing it now than they have before.  I'm honestly not a fan of the Rivera hire.  In the same amount of time as Bruce Allen oversaw the Redskins, they have the same number of winning seasons- three.  Rivera had a ton of talent on that team coming off the 15-1 season in 2015 and has a sub .500 record since then despite having some generational talents and quite a few All-Pro and Pro Bowl players.  He just seems like another retread to me.  

32 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Reminder that these two colluded to use their general managers alcohol problem as a reason to slander him after his termination for pushing against Allen. Lying about a relapse he never had.

Not to defend these morons but McCloughan certainly relapsed. Even the local reporters talked about how it was well known McCloughan was drinking again. They could’ve got him help though instead of doing what they did. It was wrong and McCloughan is a good man. 

On 12/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, Steins Gate said:

Strangely, I could see Marvin Lewis thriving at Washington due to his experience coaching for a difficult owner already. If Snider would give him any say whatsoever, then the Redskins have a chance to be good. I don't think they would ever become elite though. 

I'd feel bad for Marvin, going from Mike Brown to Snyder...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Reminder that these two colluded to use their general managers alcohol problem as a reason to slander him after his termination for pushing against Allen. Lying about a relapse he never had.

Also reminder that these two are currently holding Trent Williams hostage out of spite because he hates their medical staff for giving him a life-threatening cancer scare.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Rivera seems like a solid hire but hiring a head coach before you hire someone to head your football operations/someone at GM seems like an awfully backwards way of doing things, unless they just plan on giving Rivera GM power as well, which HC/GM being the same person rarely works out.

My guess, I think they already know all this and it's internal promotions.