Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrow

resilient part 2

Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrows   

87 members have voted

1. 1. simple , which highly talented QB would you rather draft/build your team around?

1 minute ago, bomont said:

LOL

I like Lawrence but omg dude that's priceless

You realize Peyton and Luck aren’t even hyped to the point Lawrence is right? And Peyton actually isn’t on Luck or Lawrences level as a prospect. The Manning/Leaf debates were endless and Manning was not seen anywhere near as a sure thing. 

• Like 1

LMAO even funnier. Luck and Manning were both hyped A LOT and both deservedly so. And yes both were seen as can't-miss prospects. The Manning/Leaf debates were largely due to Leaf's more impressive numbers but started to fade when Leaf started showing what an immature jerk he was.

Lawrence isn't that, at least not yet. But he's not that far off and the potential is there to be at that level (hype-wise and reality-wise).

On 12/30/2019 at 7:04 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Trevor Lawrence looks like a man that transitioned into being a woman. If it weren’t for that jawline, I’d probably try to smash unknowingly. 

49 minutes ago, bomont said:

That makes him hip. "Trans" and a "fluid gender" is all the rage lol

Guys, let's just not get into trans, gender fluid, transitioning, or anything like that.  Even as an obvious joke.

9 hours ago, honkeytonk said:

I wonder how many NFL teams are going to try and go 0-16 to try and draft TL?  That situation could become a national disgrace.  I believe the East Coast hegemony won't let him out of the east.  Teams like NE, NYG,  Steelers, Panthers, Miami and maybe the Saints.  All could use a QB, so why not the best to come along in a long, long time? 

Pats and Steelers are not going to tank... just not something they would do 

Saints cant tank unless Brees retires

Giants aren’t going to give up on Daniel Jones after 1 year

Dolphins aren’t good at tanking as they’ve shown this season 

I guess maybe the Panthers... but they’ll have a new coach who isn’t going to want to tank 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You realize Peyton and Luck aren’t even hyped to the point Lawrence is right? And Peyton actually isn’t on Luck or Lawrences level as a prospect. The Manning/Leaf debates were endless and Manning was not seen anywhere near as a sure thing. 

Nah, Peyton was the best QB prospect pre-Luck since Elway probably. Leaf had a crazy amount of raw talent and it got the best of NFL GMs, but clearly it shouldn't have. Doesn't take away from what Manning was as a prospect though. Luck and Lawrence got just as much hype as each other. Same for Peyton really. 

Why not that one game should matter even if it's a national championship game, but one reason for my question between Lawrence and Burrows was my belief that Trevor Lawrence has Supreme athletic ability and physical tools but only good intangibles walbro has good physical ability but maybe great intangibles and on that note I'm not so sure it should be Trevor Lawrence in a landslide between these two if anything I like Burroughs more. Just my opinion

Let me preface this by saying that (to my greatest regret) I am not an NFL GM nor will I ever be one. But here's how I view it anyway:
Since Lawrence is younger and has an absolute cannon of arm, very good physical tools/athletic abilities (not elite but not that far for the position) and has been hyped since forever it's easy to see him as the superior prospect. But the things that Burrow are doing of the football field... 
When I look at the two (and not just the NC game tonight, all season) Burrow just looks like the superior player to me. 

• Like 2

I'm a little older and I still remember John Elway in college and what he did and brought with his abilities. Not that comparisons are always the best idea but Trevor Lawrence looks like a bigger John Elway, but Joe burrow seems to have a bit of Aaron Rodgers / Drew Brees in them, both will be great quarterbacks but I liked Joe Burrows from the beginning

Meh, I have nothing but respect for what Burrows did tonight.  But elite success at age 19 to be National Champ level great, followed by 2 more years of elite play, still makes Lawrence the best prospect since Luck came out.   

Burrow deserves to be the 2020 1.1 pick even though I think he’s the 2nd - 3rd best overall prospect this year.   Nothing wrong with that.  

Lawrence is still the 2021 1.1 and top overall prospect.   And still the best QB prospect since Luck.   One game doesn’t change the overall evaluation, especially against a team that across the board was just that much better.  

Edited by Broncofan