Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrow

resilient part 2

Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrows   

87 members have voted

1. 1. simple , which highly talented QB would you rather draft/build your team around?

My best QB Prospects since 2013:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Joe Burrow

3) Carson Wentz

4) Tua Tagloviola 

5) Sam Darnold

6) Kyler Murray

7) Jameis Winston

8) Teddy Bridgewater

So basically we have three very special QBs about to come out in the next two years. 

Hated: Goff, Mariota, Lynch, Bortles, Manziel, Josh Allen, and Rosen. I still have zero clue how Paxton Lynch was a 1st Round Pick. 3rd Round at best for me. 

Had No Idea How to Grade, didn’t hate or like: Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes

Thought would have a slightly above average career: Baker Mayfield

Goff, Allen, and Baker have certainly surprised me at times, no doubt. And Josh Allen, when he’s “on” he’s terrific and beautiful to watch. Just 95% the time he’s not “on” and all over the place. 

Also, not big on Justin Fields tbh. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Joe Burrow

3) Carson Wentz

4) Tua Tagloviola 

5) Sam Darnold

6) Kyler Murray

7) Jameis Winston

8) Teddy Bridgewater

So basically we have three very special QBs about to come out in the next two years. 

Hated: Goff, Mariota, Lynch, Bortles, Manziel, Josh Allen, and Rosen. I still have zero clue how Paxton Lynch was a 1st Round Pick. 3rd Round at best for me. 

Had No Idea How to Grade, didn’t hate or like: Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes

Goff, Allen, and Baker have certainly surprised me at times, no doubt. And Josh Allen, when he’s “on” he’s terrific and beautiful to watch. Just 95% the time he’s not “on” and all over the place. 

You forgot Watson, Bay. 

And I like Fields. He reminds me of Watson. 

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

You forgot Watson, Bay. 

And I like Fields. He reminds me of Watson. 

Watson was my favorite QB of the 2017 class. But he ranks #9 for me on that list. Obviously, was wrong and he’s much better than Teddy/Jameis. 

I had Mitch as a Late 1st (like 28-32 range). I have no idea what the Bears saw in him that was Top 3 Pick worthy. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Watson was my favorite QB of the 2017 class. But he ranks #9 for me on that list. Obviously, was wrong and he’s much better than Teddy/Jameis. 

I had Mitch as a Late 1st (like 28-32 range). I have no idea what the Bears saw in him that was Top 3 Pick worthy. 

Yeah I liked Teddy coming out too. He has disappointed me. 

I barely knew who Mitch was before the draft. I think it was Todd McShay that was hyping him..... 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Joe Burrow

3) Carson Wentz

4) Tua Tagloviola 

5) Sam Darnold

6) Kyler Murray

7) Jameis Winston

8) Teddy Bridgewater

But where is Ryan Finley at on this list?

On 1/13/2020 at 11:25 PM, DirtyDez said:

Burrow’s understanding of the system looked like Montana under Walsh.  Nobody could figure them out once all year....  He had talent around him but it’s not like his guys were wide open as Kyler’s were.  He checks every box.

Thats my take away as well. He had great talent at LSU but he faced basically all the best teams and teams that could match his talent and was consistently great in all of them. He also wasn't a checkdown charlie where the scheme/YAC got him all of the production. He's even got some of that Rogers/Romo like wiggle where he's not a dual threat QB but he's got escapability/maneuverability in the pocket. His only "weaknesses" are one year production/late bloomer and not having an Allen/Mahomes like arm strength, but if Watson was able to develop his arm strength to its level in the NFL, I have no worries about Burrow's arm translating.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, INbengalfan said:

Lawrence, even tho I will be rooting  for Burrow for the next decade.  Living between Cincy and Indy, it would be sorta fun if Lawrence ended up in Indy.  But on the other hand, it would be ridiculous to go from Manning to Luck to Lawrence.

The Colts somehow always end up with the #1 overall pick whenever a generational QB prospect emerges.

1983 with Elway, 1998 with Manning, 2012 with Luck.

So expect them to be terrible next year and get him #1 overall.

Edited by Bolts223

On 1/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Wasn't Elway more hyped than all these guys?

I wasn't alive so I don't really remember.

But Manning, Luck and Elway are the 3 most hyped prospects of the SB era.

Lawrence is in a similar tier of hype.

I'd imagine Lawrence will end up being a pretty darn good QB.

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

The Colts somehow always end up with the #1 overall pick whenever a generational QB prospect emerges.

1983 with Elway, 1998 with Manning, 2012 with Luck.

So expect them to be terrible next year and get him #1 overall.

Yep, they will be 4 for 4. Biggest tanking organization ever.