Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrow

resilient part 2

Trevor Lawrence vs Joe Burrows   

87 members have voted

1. 1. simple , which highly talented QB would you rather draft/build your team around?

Lawrence wasn't as nearly accurate as I was expecting last night.  Playing against the paper defenses in the ACC doesn't appear to be helping him get better.  Some of the throws he missed weren't even under pressure.  Now he also showed some excellent throws with touch against pressure, but the lapses are what concerns you.

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Lawrence wasn't as nearly accurate as I was expecting last night.  Playing against the paper defenses in the ACC doesn't appear to be helping him get better.  Some of the throws he missed weren't even under pressure.  Now he also showed some excellent throws with touch against pressure, but the lapses are what concerns you.

He’s also gotta learn a little bit of finesse 

I’m all for being a meathead CS but throwing the ball 100 mph into the ground next to your receivers isn’t going to win you games 

Trevor Lawrence is obviously a great NFL prospect down the road. But Joe Burrow is clearly the better player now and way more ready to come in and excel in the NFL. Five years versus two, it should not come as a surprise. But I think you saw with Trevor Lawrence, he has not thrown the ball well the only two games this season where he has played good defenses. I think people have gotten ahead of themselves a little bit, he has some work to do as it relates to his accuracy, but all the tools are there.  With all that said, Lawrence will still probably be the first pick next season. I just think Joe Burrow has the mentality of a champion and will do very well in the NFL despite his career being in Cincinnati.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2