Tom Savage's Agent complains about benching

ET80

Figured we could use another thread to contain the calamity...

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/13/tom-savages-agent-speaks-about-his-benching/amp/

Now - as an agent that's representing the best interest of a client - I get that you want to call this out. But, in public? Right now? After that debacle? I'm really thinking they're trying to paint him as the victim to protect any sort of value when his contract is up, or he's trying to position a "trade me" scenario down the line this season.

Does anyone else remember such a chaotic week? Blown out by Jax, Cushing suspension, and now this?

"Dumpster Fire" is a very apt term for this team right now.

18 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Figured we could use another thread to contain the calamity...

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/13/tom-savages-agent-speaks-about-his-benching/amp/

Now - as an agent that's representing the best interest of a client - I get that you want to call this out. But, in public? Right now? After that debacle? I'm really thinking they're trying to paint him as the victim to protect any sort of value when his contract is up, or he's trying to position a "trade me" scenario down the line this season.

Does anyone else remember such a chaotic week? Blown out by Jax, Cushing suspension, and now this?

"Dumpster Fire" is a very apt term for this team right now.

You guys went from AFCS favorite/QB away from contending to maybe competing with the unLucky Colts for the basement and wondering if JJ Watt is broken. Lordy. 

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You guys went from AFCS favorite/QB away from contending to maybe competing with the unLucky Colts for the basement and wondering if JJ Watt is broken. Lordy. 

I think a lot of this is typical week one overreacting, but this team isn't what we thought it was. 

A bounce back game tonight would go a long way in restoring a competitive run. Doesn't even have to be a win, just a game where we're not bullied into submission and the coaching strategy is - well, strategic.

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

What in the?! 

What an odd thing to say in public and terrible timing. 

I wonder if Tom has been whining about it? If so that really brings into question his character.

I remember there were questions about his mental make up going into the draft that year.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I remember there were questions about his mental make up going into the draft that year.

He did quit football before. Transferred three times during his college career, none due to injury.

This is a bit of a recurring theme...

Archived