2020 National Championship | #3 Clemson vs #1 LSU

naptownskinsfan

Who wins the National Championship?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the National Championship?

16 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Very intrigued to see how Brennan handles the reins. He won't be without some weapons. 

He's gonna be a good one. He has a better arm than Jeaux, but that's about it really. But it's not fair to compare him to the guy who just had the greatest season by a college QB ever. There will obviously be a drop off, but this offense is still gonna be real good next year.

Unless Brady leaves and our replacement is trash.

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where does this LSU team stack up all time? What about the offense? Definitely best team since 2013 FSU.

I'm 34 years old.  I can realistically remember teams from '95 on.  On a neutral field, this LSU team would be no worse than a pick'em.  Tennessee or Nebraska in the late 90s.  Ohio State or Miami in the early 2000s.  Florida during Tebow.  The Bama Dynasty.  USC and Texas.  

There have been a number of incredible teams over the last 25 years.  This LSU team is up there with any of them.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm 34 years old.  I can realistically remember teams from '95 on.  On a neutral field, this LSU team would be no worse than a pick'em.  Tennessee or Nebraska in the late 90s.  Ohio State or Miami in the early 2000s.  Florida during Tebow.  The Bama Dynasty.  USC and Texas.  

There have been a number of incredible teams over the last 25 years.  This LSU team is up there with any of them.  

Clemson last year had pretty much this same team plus Clelin Ferrell, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Trayvon Mullen and Hunter Renfrow.

56 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I vividly remember all of the teams you mentioned, and I don’t think this LSU team would’ve ever been less than a 2-3 point favorite on any field anywhere in the country. The fact that the numbskull committee members ranked Ohio State ahead of LSU certain weeks was laughably stupid.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I vividly remember all of the teams you mentioned, and I don’t think this LSU team would’ve ever been less than a 2-3 point favorite on any field anywhere in the country. The fact that the numbskull committee members ranked Ohio State ahead of LSU certain weeks was laughably stupid.

There were some times where LSU had a lot to work on, on the defensive side. I think LSU fans would probably say the same. Some really ugly games, like Ole Miss. Clearly they figure things out because they were certainly the best team at the close of the season. That offense is the best I have seen since the USC days and maybe before that.

It will be really interesting to see how LSU is next season. Quarterback is the big thing they need to figure out. You can’t replace a Joe Burrow. If they can get through Alabama and come out of the SEC, you have to like where they stand.

I really thought LSU would have a letdown after the Oklahoma laugher. Maybe they did a little bit as the 17-7 start from Clemson was impressive but LSU was not to be denied, it was a straight-up thumping from that point forward. Burrow is fire, wow what a QB. 

Lawrence was inaccurate and pressured, but I feel more sorry for #1 jersey guy for Clemson, he was in most all the LSU TD highlights and that's not a good thing for a defensive back.