2020 National Championship | #3 Clemson vs #1 LSU

naptownskinsfan

Who wins the National Championship?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the National Championship?

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Lol the excuses are already here, Mr Simpson. Give me a break. They will lose bc they're easily the interior team

Fortunate we are playing in a dome then. 

Edited by PAW
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, theJ said:

They do the same thing with basketball and it's dumb. There's this thing called Saturday night that's perfect for the game. But no, let's leave that empty. 

Are they worried about competing with the NFL?

Saturday night ratings are worse than Monday night. Monday primetime is the highest viewed day other than Sunday during NFL season. Easy choice.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

26 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Saturday night ratings are worse than Monday night. Monday primetime is the highest viewed day other than Sunday during NFL season. Easy choice.

I suppose more people tune in for the beginning. I have to imagine their end of game viewership isn't quite as good. 

No way I'll be able to stay up that late. 

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I got LSU by 10 they’re the better team 100%

I don’t care who wins, because I’m cool with both teams, but LSU winning decisively would make me feel slightly better about last nights result (maybe).

Still, I’m not convinced we got an accurate gauge of LSU, just because the football we saw in the afternoon yesterday was a different sport then last night. Actual defense was played. I’ll never doubt Burrow. Just genuinely interested to see how he looks against a good D like Clemson. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

clemson-trevor-lawrence-nc-state-preview

LSU-quarterback-Joe-Burrow-wins-Maxwell-

The ugly bowl, tbh. Both of them have fiveheads

Joe's still better looking though

LSU by 2 scores, though I'm worried by Clemson than anyone else due to Venables. I don't think anyone can stop this offense, but if someone could it would be Venables and Clemson. 

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t care who wins, because I’m cool with both teams, but LSU winning decisively would make me feel slightly better about last nights result (maybe).

Still, I’m not convinced we got an accurate gauge of LSU, just because the football we saw in the afternoon yesterday was a different sport then last night. Actual defense was played. I’ll never doubt Burrow. Just genuinely interested to see how he looks against a good D like Clemson. 

I mean, LSU did a number on a top 10 defense in the country with Georgia.  Granted, the lack of an offense left the defense hanging out to dry, but I'd say LSU has faced some tough tests defensively and have put up numbers just fine.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, LSU did a number on a top 10 defense in the country with Georgia.  Granted, the lack of an offense left the defense hanging out to dry, but I'd say LSU has faced some tough tests defensively and have put up numbers just fine.  

That was an impressive showing for sure. Like I said, not doubting the LSU offense. Just a statement that Clemson and OSU Ds were 1/2 and excited/interested to see that matchup.