2020 National Championship | #3 Clemson vs #1 LSU

naptownskinsfan

Who wins the National Championship?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the National Championship?

Most one sided betting game ever. 72% is  is on LSU -5.5. If you bet on LSU, I wish you luck.... 99.9% of time in history 70%+ loses. Vegas isn’t gonna allow themselves to be bent over backwards like that. 

LSU wins by 5 or less or Clemson wins straight up. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Most one sided betting game ever. 72% is  is on LSU -5.5. If you bet on LSU, I wish you luck.... 99.9% of time in history 70%+ loses. Vegas isn’t gonna allow themselves to be bent over backwards like that. 

LSU wins by 5 or less or Clemson wins straight up. 

Yes this is what has me excited.  And the line has held steady at 5.5 which means Vegas is fine with people continuing to hammer LSU at that number.  Typically with all of the betting going to one side, Vegas would increase the line to try and even out the money.  Vegas is very, very confident that this will be a Clemson cover at the very least.

The biggest match-up concern is Jefferson.  If we can limit his impact, should win.  Kendrick and Terrell should hold up fine on the outside. 

1 minute ago, PAW said:

Yes this is what has me excited.  And the line has held steady at 5.5 which means Vegas is fine with people continuing to hammer LSU at that number.  Typically with all of the betting going to one side, Vegas would increase the line to try and even out the money.  Vegas is very, very confident that this will be a Clemson cover at the very least.

The biggest match-up concern is Jefferson.  If we can limit his impact, should win.  Kendrick and Terrell should hold up fine on the outside. 

Yep, with all the people hammering LSU, it should of moved to -9.5 LSU. 

This is called a classic Vegas trap, intentionally not moving the line to lure more people on LSU -5.5. 

IMO 34-30 LSU wins tonight. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Clemson takes it straight up. 

I’m not betting this one, staying farrrr away, but Clemson +5.5 is the correct bet here. 

I think that it's pretty clear that LSU, Clemson, and OSU are/were all clearly the best 3 teams in the nation.

A healthy Tua Alabama would have clearly been #4, and I'd have loved to see that playoff play out.

LSU essentially got a BYE with OU.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that OU should receive a playoff ban for the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:
On 12/31/2019 at 1:27 AM, Raves said:

This is a fake NCG as the real one just happened.  I was concerned about whether or not Clemson was as good as billed due to not being challenged all season, they are 100% the 2nd best team in CFB this year and will beat LSU by at least 1 TD.

So... Clemson would win the NCG yet still be the 2nd best team?

Shocking to me how under-reported this National Championship season has been for OSU.

Therefore, I think it's only fitting that on the day of the 2020 National Championship Game between LSU and Clemson, we ask the 2020 National Champion OSU fans how it feels to win it all.

1. @Raves, I've heard ranking titles is difficult, but if you had to, how would you compare this National Championship winning OSU team to the other titles you've had? Better? Worse?
  2. This team was definitely tested, most notably in the Clemson playoff game that they lost. How do you think losing that game helped provide the adversity OSU needed to go on and win the National title?
  3. And lastly, it wouldn't be a good interview without a little bit of trolling the other fanbases: what would you have to say to the undefeated winner of the CFB National Championship game tonight, either LSU or Clemson, about how it feels to come in 2nd?
Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Too mean? Really?

I gave it 2 weeks.

Ugh, you don't see it? (Minnesota has SEVEN!)

National championships
Wisconsin has one national championship from an NCAA-designated major selector (1942). The school makes no formal claim of this championship. Two additional national championships were awarded by Nutshell Sports Football Ratings (1906) and The State's National Champions (1928).
League: NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivi...
School: University of Wisconsin--Madison
Championships: 2017 Orange Bowl

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ugh, you don't see it? (Minnesota has SEVEN!)

National championships
Wisconsin has one national championship from an NCAA-designated major selector (1942). The school makes no formal claim of this championship. Two additional national championships were awarded by Nutshell Sports Football Ratings (1906) and The State's National Champions (1928).
League: NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivi...
School: University of Wisconsin--Madison
Championships: 2017 Orange Bowl

Ha I said "I've heard" instead. Meh. I gave him an out.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha I said "I've heard" instead. Meh. I gave him an out.

Let the record show, I laughed at all 3 questions.

TBH, I think Joe Burreaux missed out on a golden opportunity over Christmas break to go to the Woody Hayes center and get a lift in, donned in full gear. He should have checked his Heisman at the front desk too. His credentials as an OSU Alum still are valid/always will be and have to be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that it's pretty clear that LSU, Clemson, and OSU are/were all clearly the best 3 teams in the nation.

A healthy Tua Alabama would have clearly been #4, and I'd have loved to see that playoff play out.

LSU essentially got a BYE with OU.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that OU should receive a playoff ban for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. Didn’t think Oklahoma should of qualified either year. You should have to be good on both sides of the ball to be considered for the CFB playoffs. 

30 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

LSU 33-28

LSU attempts a 2pt conversion at the end but a sudden gust of wind from Vegas swoops in and pushes the ball out of bounds

You are a true betting man and understand how things work. 

LSU winning, by the exact range of 2-5 points, is most likely how this will turn out. 

Spreads matter. Bets matter. Vegas matters.