Week 17 - Around the league

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It's amazing to think about the LBs that have been through Dallas recently. Sean Lee, and Bruce Carter. Then Jaylon Smith and LVE. 

I'm watching the Chiefs game right now. They run a 3-4. Their two starting MLBs are getting praise by the announcers for the job they've done all year.

Anthony Hitchens and Damien Wilson.

😳

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

To be fair, he tore his achilles tendon on the first day of practice with the Saints.

While this is true, it's not like he was in demand or had any leverage when he took the Saints offer. He was coming off 3 pretty mediocre seasons in Dallas that were everyone elses fault but his

I remember his plan was to take a "1 year deal" and then sign a "Big Money" deal the following offseason. Who remembers the Videos of him working out with OBJ?.... He was convinced he was still in his class....

Then when the only offer was 2 years mediocre money from Baltimore, he tried to parlay himself into Cleveland and they wouldn't pay him anything significant

When options were zero, his last play was to latch on with the Saints and hopefully take advantge and put up some decent numbers, but in true Dez fashion... HURT

After a torn achillies and another season missed, I doubt he has that "leaping" ability, and we don't have the QB to spot place the ball anyways

Edited by TheGame316

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Woof. Someone dislikes Dez hard. 

No, just no need to go backwards. Move forward. Witten aside, which really didn't do much for us, move forward and pray for the death of Jerry Jones so we can get an actual NFL team again and not a tax write off.

2 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

While this is true, it's not like he was in demand or had any leverage when he took the Saints offer. He was coming off 3 pretty mediocre seasons in Dallas that were everyone elses fault but his

I remember his plan was to take a "1 year deal" and then sign a "Big Money" deal the following offseason. Who remembers the Videos of him working out with OBJ?.... He was convinced he was still in his class....

Then when the only offer was 2 years mediocre money from Baltimore, he tried to parlay himself into Cleveland and they wouldn't pay him anything significant

When options were zero, his last play was to latch on with the Saints and hopefully take advantge and put up some decent numbers, but in true Dez fashion... HURT

After a torn achillies and another season missed, I doubt he has that "leaping" ability, and we don't have the QB to spot place the ball anyways

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I support his return. I think he’s washed up and done as a player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I support his return. I think he’s washed up and done as a player.

I agree

Cowboys have a nepotism problem, and it goes beyond Jerry/Stephen and the Jones Family

Cowherd had a segment where he pointed out all the Cowboy coaches that are former players or "Cowboy Family" and how that has likely skewed the Jones's into making poor choices and holding onto people for too long

Witten is an example of that, 4 million and development of other options wasted. Dez would be another example of that. Fans who pound this stump drive me nuts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

No, just no need to go backwards. Move forward. Witten aside, which really didn't do much for us, move forward and pray for the death of Jerry Jones so we can get an actual NFL team again and not a tax write off.

New England, whom you often gush over, has an amazing ability of taking castoffs and retreads who excel in one specific thing and having them do just that. 

A true redzone threat would be nice. Dez could possibly provide that - but if not, find someone who can do that.

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

New England, whom you often gush over, has an amazing ability of taking castoffs and retreads who excel in one specific thing and having them do just that. 

A true redzone threat would be nice. Dez could possibly provide that - but if not, find someone who can do that.

Yeah..... One question, Are we F ing New England?

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No, we draft so much better. 

But my larger point is that you can find players who are past their prime but excel in a key area and utilize them to success. 

I get that, but we DONT do well with that.

You see, we are the team that supplies these players, not the one that receives and modifies them. Case in point:

D. Ware SB Champ Denver

M. Bennett SB Champ NE (I think)

C. Canty SB Champ Baltimore - again, (I think)

To name a few.

When we get a player:

R. Williams WR- Bust

Pac Man Jones - Circus

G Hardy - Freak show

To name a few.

So you see, there is a long drawn out, scientific way to answer this.....

It won't work.

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am simply amazed you believe Dallas has never had any outside help. Especially given the success of Quinn and Bennett this year. I don't know why I bother engaging when you insist on being irrational. 

Success????? News flash, we didn't make the playoffs! We are out! We LOSE sir!

If you want to play fantasy football or discuss stats, I'm in. 

But success??? They didn't do enough to stop a depleted, beat down NFC East rival to lock up a playoff spot.

In fact Bennett did more damage in offside penalties than he did good on the field.

Quinn played well, but not well enough to help us beat a crap team, knowing we had our own destiny in our hands.

Charles Haley, THAT was a good pick up, a game changer. 

Thomas Everett was another.

DT from Atlanta, Tony Casiilias, came over and helped us on our SB run in the 90s.

But I have seen too many FA names come here and we haven't even sniffed a SB in the past 25 years.

I have seen us send guys off that we drafted with high hopes who couldn't do it here, but went elsewhere and won.

What facts do you want to discuss?

Edited by Rtnldave