1. Patriots - at least until it is clear that Brady has slipped

2. Packers

3. Chiefs

4. Falcons

5. Detroit

6. Washington

7.Tennessee

8. Carolina

Pittsburgh, Dallas, Baltimore, Denver and Oakland will have to bounce back to move up.

Watch out for, Seattle, Philly, Minny, Jacksonville and the Rams.

IMO, it is still pretty wide open.

KC is the obvious #1 at this point IMO, cant have them below Pats no matter what happened last season. They beat the Pats week 1 in Gillette. 

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the Pats being above the Chiefs or Green Bay for that matter.

Pats over Green Bay I can easily see (better offense and same or perhaps better defense), Chiefs I can't see a legitimate reason other than last season meaning something. 

32 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Pats over Green Bay I can easily see (better offense and same or perhaps better defense), Chiefs I can't see a legitimate reason other than last season meaning something. 

Hm. Yeah, GB is 5th in defensive points allowed and NE is 32nd. Is any defense worse than NE other than NO maybe?

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hm. Yeah, GB is 5th in defensive points allowed and NE is 32nd. Is any defense worse than NE other than NO maybe?

Patriots are missing their best defensive player and other key guys have been injured. I just think the Pats offense is a good bit better than GBs and both defenses are mediocre at best right now.

Is the 5th ranking from points that don't include the pick 6 from Rodgers and stuff like that? 

Trying to find the defensive points allowed rankings but everything is just PPG and GB isn't top 5, they are 17th.

Legit asking. 

7 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Patriots are missing their best defensive player and other key guys have been injured. I just think the Pats offense is a good bit better than GBs and both defenses are mediocre at best right now.

Is the 5th ranking from points that don't include the pick 6 from Rodgers and stuff like that? 

Trying to find the defensive points allowed rankings but everything is just PPG and GB isn't top 5, they are 17th.

Legit asking. 

yeah, GB was missing 5 defensive starters including our best player as well the last 2 games.

Site is teamrankings.com or something

GB's defense is good. NE's is bad. You're inflating one and deflating the other to try to get it to match what you want it to be but simply isn't.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, GB was missing 5 defensive starters including our best player as well the last 2 games.

Site is teamrankings.com or something

GB's defense is good. NE's is bad. You're inflating one and deflating the other to try to get it to match what you want it to be but simply isn't.

GB defense has faced 2 of the worst offenses in the league so far this season in Seattle and Cincinnati.

I think you're highly overrating Green Bays defense early in the season after facing 2 horrid offenses in their first 3 games.

I don't think the Pats defense is good, I also don't think they are the worst in the league considering they haven't lost their best players from last season and tend to start slow.

I'll concede that GBs defense is better than the Pats at this moment, I don't think the gap between GBs defense is as big as the gap between the Pats offense and GBs though. 

EDIT: Just looked up the rankings you're referring to.

The difference between the 3rd ranked team in the NFL and the 28th team in the NFL in your stat is 1 touchdown. I don't think that stat tells us anything other than its way too early to use that as a gauge for anything. 

A crazy week make for another week of shakeups. At this rate we won't have a stable power ranking until midseason...

Power Rankings (week 4)

1. Chiefs 3-0 (--) 
  2. Falcons 3-0 (--)
  3. Patriots 2-1 (↑ 2)
  4. Packers 2-1 (↑ 2)
  5. Steelers 2-1 (↓ 2)
  6. Cowboys 2-1 (↑ 3)
  7. Broncos 2-1 (↓ 3)
  8. Lions 2-1 (↑ 2)
  9. Raiders 2-1 (↓ 2)
  10. Titans 2-1 (↑ 5)
  11. Eagles 2-1 (↑ 3)
  12. Vikings 2-1 (↑ 4)
  13. Redskins 2-1 (↑ 5)
  14. Seahawks 1-2 (↓ 6)
  15. Rams 2-1 (↑ 4)
  16. Buccaneers 1-1 (↓ 4)
  17. Ravens 2-1 (↓ 6)
  18. Panthers 2-1 (↓ 4)
  19. Jaguars 2-1 (↑ 5)
  20. Bills 2-1 (↑ 3)
  21. Cardinals 1-2 (↓ 4)
  22. Texans 1-2 (↓ 2)
  23. Saints 1-2 (↑ 3)
  24. Bears 1-2 (↑ 4)
  25. Dolphins 1-1 (↓ 3)
  26. Giants 0-3 (↓ 5)
  27. Bengals 0-3 (--)
  28. Chargers 0-3 (↓ 3)
  29. Jets 1-2 (↑ 3)
  30. Colts 1-2 (↑ 1)
  31. 49ers 0-3 (↓ 1)
  32. Browns 0-3 (↓ 3)

Top Risers: Titans, Jaguars, Redskins (↑ 5)

The Titans held off Seattle, who showed flashes of being the SB contenders we expected in the 2nd half, a week after destroying a Jaguar team that now has 2 of the season's most dominant victories to their name, both away from home. The Redskins are to blame for the sole loss for both the Rams and Raiders, who have looked excellent outside of their meetings with the Skins. 

Biggest Fallers: Ravens, Seahawks

After 2 weeks of beating on very weak conference foes, the Ravens finally got a taste of what it's like outside the AFCN's cellar and were simply embarrassed. Perhaps they never belonged as high as they were. The Giants Seahawks loss wasn't particularly bad, it came down to the wire against a team that is looking legitimate, but they started off very high in my preseason rankings and after 3 weeks have shown little promise. Their drop has more to do with teams jumping them, rather than them falling.

(the way too early) MVP Race (week 4)

1. Kareem Hunt
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Alex Smith
  4. Antonio Brown
  5. Matt Ryan
  6. Matthew Stafford
  7. Dalvin Cook
  8. Demarcus Lawrence
  9. Kirk Cousins
  10. Calais Campbell 

16 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Sorry, I worded that wrong.  I meant Green Bay being above KC.  The Pats and Green Bay were #1 and #2.  KC should be above both was what I meant.

3 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

The Patriots defense has not been as bad as the stats make them look.

By the end of the year the Patriots will comfortably be better than the Packers defense.

When you let Alex Smith look like Peyton Manning and a rookie QB behind one of the worst offensive lines in football puts up 33 points I feel it's pretty safe to say the defense is as bad as the stats make it look.

21 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

The difference between the 3rd ranked team in the NFL and the 28th team in the NFL in your stat is 1 touchdown. I don't think that stat tells us anything other than its way too early to use that as a gauge for anything. 

Actually a TD/game separates the 3rd ranked team and the 26th. Just like it does every season...

A TD/game is huge. Last year the 3rd and 29th ranked defenses were separated by a TD/game.

I have no idea what your point is.

5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

When you let Alex Smith look like Peyton Manning and a rookie QB behind one of the worst offensive lines in football puts up 33 points I feel it's pretty safe to say the defense is as bad as the stats make it look.

yep, it was pretty obvious heading into the year their defense wasn't very good.  Not sure I would have guessed league-worst, but they aren't good. 

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A crazy week make for another week of shakeups. At this rate we won't have a stable power ranking until midseason...

Power Rankings (week 4)

1. Chiefs 3-0 (--) 
  2. Falcons 3-0 (--)
  3. Patriots 2-1 (↑ 2)
  4. Packers 2-1 (↑ 2)

I think you nailed the top 4 though i'd flip 3 and 4. Kinda crazy there's only 2 undefeated teams left.

Archived