Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Traded our first to Cleveland get Watson. We also traded our 2nd to Cleveland to take the $72mm Brock Osweiler contract off of our hands.

So, we're on the clock sometime at pick 68. 

Tell ya what. I hate to see you suffer like this EliteTexan. What do say we reunite the brothers, and we'll trade you our 1st Rd pick for JJ. We might even be persuaded into trading Martavis Bryant...and shoot, we'll throw in Justin Hunter as well, for Hopkins, but only if you ask real nice. This way, you can draft your OT. I'm usually not this generous, but being Christmas and all... :D

But seriously...wow, didn't realize you all didn't have a 1st or 2nd Rd pick. Terrible year to have a bad season; I'd be cursing up a storm at Houston's FO.  It was well worth it, though, because you have seemingly a Franchise guy at QB for the next dozen years, but you need to give him more weapons than Hopkins and Fuller, and better protection if he's going to have a chance. 

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Both Solder and Butler have been quite flawed this year, just to let you know. But Solder would be a good pickup. Top 15ish. 

I think Butler's drop has less to do with his ability and more to do with his uncertainty - seems like the guy has one foot out the door, given the frequency his name popped up in trade discussions. 

The New Orleans near trade is especially painful - he had an agreement in place for a lucrative extension (think upwards of $50mm) and then he wasn't moved, stuck playing for what is nothing more than minimum wage for his experience. 

This time last year, Butler was getting into top 5 CB discussions. I don't think that just vanishes over a season.

If the Texans were to pay him along what AJ Bouye was paid this off-season, I'd be golden.

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think Butler's drop has less to do with his ability and more to do with his uncertainty - seems like the guy has one foot out the door, given the frequency his name popped up in trade discussions. 

The New Orleans near trade is especially painful - he had an agreement in place for a lucrative extension (think upwards of $50mm) and then he wasn't moved, stuck playing for what is nothing more than minimum wage for his experience. 

This time last year, Butler was getting into top 5 CB discussions. I don't think that just vanishes over a season.

If the Texans were to pay him along what AJ Bouye was paid this off-season, I'd be golden.

I think he will possibly end up in New Orleans still, seemed like he was really excited by the prospect and then you add in now being able to put him next to Lattimore as well pushing Crawley to the slot, the Saints should be all over that.

Just now, Raves said:

I think he will possibly end up in New Orleans still, seemed like he was really excited by the prospect and then you add in now being able to put him next to Lattimore as well pushing Crawley to the slot, the Saints should be all over that.

Market should be open, and the Texans will have the 3rd highest cap room to operate with. Pair that with the return of Whitney Mercilius, JJ Watt and Deshaun Watson, and you have an enticing opportunity...

Power Rankings (week 17)

1. Patriots 12-3 (--)
  2. Steelers 12-3 (--)
  3. Vikings 12-3 (--)
  4. Rams 11-4 (--)
  5. Saints 10-4 (↑ 1)
  6. Eagles 13-2 (↓ 1)
  7. Panthers 11-4 (↑ 1)
  8. Jaguars 10-5 (↓ 1)
  9. Seahawks 9-6 (↑ 2)
  10. Chiefs 9-6 (↑ 2) 
  11. Ravens 9-6 (↓ 2)
  12. Falcons 9-6 (↓ 3)
  13. Chargers 8-7 (↑ 1)
  14. Cowboys 8-6 (↓ 1)
  15. Bills 8-7 (--)
  16. Lions 8-7 (--)
  17. Titans 8-7 (--)
  18. Redskins 6-8 (↑ 2)
  19. Cardinals 7-8 (↑ 3)
  20. 49ers 5-10 (↑ 3)
  21. Raiders 6-9 (↓ 2)
  22. Dolphins 6-9 (↓ 1)
  23. Packers 7-8 (↓ 5)
  24. Bears 5-10 (↑ 1)
  25. Bengals 6-9 (↑ 3)
  26. Jets 5-9 (↓ 2)
  27. Buccaneers 4-11 (↓ 1)
  28. Broncos 4-11 (↓ 1)
  29. Texans 4-11 (--)
  30. Colts 3-12 (↑ 1)
  31. Giants 2-13 (↓ 1)
  32. Browns 0-15 (--)

MVP Race (week 17)

1. Todd Gurley (↑ 1)
  2. Tom Brady (↓ 1)
  3. Carson Wentz (NR)

HMs: Drew Brees, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Calais Campbell, Jared Goff, Philip Rivers, Case Keenum, Xavier Rhodes, Aaron Donald, Alex Smith

Archived