Jump to content
Elky

This team needs to rebuild

Recommended Posts

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/sunday-7-josh-mcdaniels-future-could-impact-many

"Dante Scanecchia’s comments on Friday got us thinking. The legendary offensive line coach said he would not have returned to New England if Josh McDaniels wasn’t the offensive coordinator and McDaniels will one day make someone lucky to have him as their head coach. In recent days/weeks, McDaniels’ name has been mentioned when it comes to a few potential head coaching job openings. So, if Scarnecchia wouldn’t have come out of retirement in 2016 after two years away from coaching unless McDaniels was the offensive coordinator wouldn’t that mean if McDaniels were to leave for another team the 71-year-old would likely retire again? It doesn’t end there. Wouldn’t it be easy to assume 65-year-old running backs coach Ivan Fears is in the same boat? And then what about Tom Brady? If McDaniels were to depart New England for another team that would likely decrease the chances of the 42-year-old signing a new deal with the Patriots. It’s likely McDaniels’ replacement would not come from within, so it would essentially be starting over on offense and how would Brady feel about that? The Patriots were able to survive a mass exodus of coaches on the defensive side of the ball last year, but it’s hard to imagine it being as easy on offense if it were to occur this year. McDaniels' upcoming decision certainly will impact more than just himself."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/sunday-7-josh-mcdaniels-future-could-impact-many

"Dante Scanecchia’s comments on Friday got us thinking. The legendary offensive line coach said he would not have returned to New England if Josh McDaniels wasn’t the offensive coordinator and McDaniels will one day make someone lucky to have him as their head coach. In recent days/weeks, McDaniels’ name has been mentioned when it comes to a few potential head coaching job openings. So, if Scarnecchia wouldn’t have come out of retirement in 2016 after two years away from coaching unless McDaniels was the offensive coordinator wouldn’t that mean if McDaniels were to leave for another team the 71-year-old would likely retire again? It doesn’t end there. Wouldn’t it be easy to assume 65-year-old running backs coach Ivan Fears is in the same boat? And then what about Tom Brady? If McDaniels were to depart New England for another team that would likely decrease the chances of the 42-year-old signing a new deal with the Patriots. It’s likely McDaniels’ replacement would not come from within, so it would essentially be starting over on offense and how would Brady feel about that? The Patriots were able to survive a mass exodus of coaches on the defensive side of the ball last year, but it’s hard to imagine it being as easy on offense if it were to occur this year. McDaniels' upcoming decision certainly will impact more than just himself."

Lucky ? 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you draft a running back who is a non factor in the passing game in round 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Why would you draft a running back who is a non factor in the passing game in round 1

Over Lamar Jackson when we have an aging QB too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elky said:

Over Lamar Jackson when we have an aging QB too.

That didn’t bother me as much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elky said:

Over Lamar Jackson when we have an aging QB too.

We were were in “win now” mode, if BB had drafted a project QB, instead of a player who helps us get to the SB while we still have Brady, you would have been the first to complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much revisionist history when we all know the NFL draft is a crap shoot. Next year someone is going take a player some of you never cared about and then grill Bill for not taking him.

Edited by The Third Rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want Lamar at the time, and I still believe we don't have the infrastructure in place to make him what he is with Baltimore.

Where are our Ronnie  Stanleys and Marshall Yandas, Mark Ingrams etc? Mason is a good athletic blocker in space but he's apparently forgot that. You've seen our blocking for most of the year for our running game. Admittedly it's much better now that Wynn is back, but Canon looks awful again. So I have no doubt that Lamar wouldn't be the Lamar as we know here. 

 

I do agree the Michel pick was crap though. If you wanted a downhill, all-round runner - Chubb was better. 

Why won't we draft Tight Ends? I'd have gone balls to the wall for Hock (we traded 2nd rounder for Sanu...so....I'm sure it could have been done). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why won't we draft Tight Ends? I'd have gone balls to the wall for Hock (we traded 2nd rounder for Sanu...so....I'm sure it could have been done). 

i was a huge proponent of Mark Andrews in round 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

i was a huge proponent of Mark Andrews in round 1

Well that would look really good now, wouldn't it. He's a good TE who does both well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, Elky said:

Offense is the worst in the league and defense has shown its true colors. I hope this teams gets so embarrassed in the playoffs that Belichick and Brady leave and get rebuild. Maybe we can get a GM to sign AB and not cut him over text messages and has yet to even be disciplined by the league.

Can I really just say fans like you are the ones who deserve to have Brady and Belichick leave and then realize the reality that you can't replicate the last 20 years and have to watch a frustrating **** show while the Jets/Bills/Dolphins are in the playoffs and we sit at home. Because seriously it's incredibly short siighted. 

The defense had one bad game against a rival. **** happens. Offensively it's nobody's fault that Harry got injured, that we didn't AB would be a sexual assaulter, that Thomas was the neccessary cut for that, that Gordon needed to be released over a relapse, that Sanu got hurt after the trade, that Brady has tennis elbow, that Edelman is playing hurt, that Wynn got hurt early on, that Cannon got hurt early on. 

We had a lot of bad luck on offense and if even half of it went our way, we wouldn't have the issues we have now. 

They are still a 12-4 team that is a 3rd seed in the playoffs. 

Sorry you can't be one of the most dominant teams every year despite the last 5 seasons. Some years you are only merely going to be a playoff team. 

This team needs a little more depth on the line and a WR or two who can be relied on beyond Edelman. That's not cause for a rebuild. 

Sometimes I seriously wonder how people can post on here every week and know so little about football. Like it's embarassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 2:44 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I didn't want Lamar at the time, and I still believe we don't have the infrastructure in place to make him what he is with Baltimore.

Where are our Ronnie  Stanleys and Marshall Yandas, Mark Ingrams etc? Mason is a good athletic blocker in space but he's apparently forgot that. You've seen our blocking for most of the year for our running game. Admittedly it's much better now that Wynn is back, but Canon looks awful again. So I have no doubt that Lamar wouldn't be the Lamar as we know here. 

 

I do agree the Michel pick was crap though. If you wanted a downhill, all-round runner - Chubb was better. 

Why won't we draft Tight Ends? I'd have gone balls to the wall for Hock (we traded 2nd rounder for Sanu...so....I'm sure it could have been done). 

As someone who had Hock in fantasy and was forced to follow him this entire year... he had one good game and was mostly a dud. 

Seriously half his "2" TD's and 1/3rd of his yards came in the first game of the season. Last year Gronk in what was considered a big down season for him was better across the board nearly every game. This whole section would have been lamenting that pick. 

That said you are correct on Lamar. We wouldn't utilize him the way he needs with our personal. Chubb was better but you can't fault them for going after a highly touted guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lancerman said:

As someone who had Hock in fantasy and was forced to follow him this entire year... he had one good game and was mostly a dud. 

Seriously half his "2" TD's and 1/3rd of his yards came in the first game of the season. Last year Gronk in what was considered a big down season for him was better across the board nearly every game. This whole section would have been lamenting that pick. 

That said you are correct on Lamar. We wouldn't utilize him the way he needs with our personal. Chubb was better but you can't fault them for going after a highly touted guy. 

I mean, i'd like to think we'd use him far more effectively than DET but you're right, I did expect more from him. Came advertised as the closest to Gronk coming out (which I know is BS, but the point is he could block and receiver well). Was intrigued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×