SNF: SF at Sea(Quest for the 1)

Malfatron

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think we were more seeing the 49ers with a more contain based rush to account for Wilson's running ability than anything Fant was doing.

Wasn't he their 4th OT to start the year?

He was their starting LT two years ago before tearing his ACL. Not sure where he is on the depth chart but they often played with 6 offensive linemen and he was the sixth.  I don't know, Bosa was coming off that edge hard and Fant's footwork was great. He's a big guy too. 

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What major struggles? They all combined for a 6 TD 8 INT Ratio against us

with the exception of the Giants game we couldn't really put away those other teams. we are not a very good team. the good thing is, having a bye greatly helps your SB chances. 80% of teams going to the SB since 1990 had a bye. 

i think it's fair to wonder though...how much will the bye help us? we came off a bye in the season and got smacked by SF 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He was their starting LT two years ago before tearing his ACL. Not sure where he is on the depth chart but they often played with 6 offensive linemen and he was the sixth.  I don't know, Bosa was coming off that edge hard and Fant's footwork was great. He's a big guy too. 

He was also horrific two years ago.

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

i think it's fair to wonder though...how much will the bye help us? we came off a bye in the season and got smacked by SF 

I think it's fair to say the defense has gotten better. The offense hasn't gotten better. Silly to think a bye week will fix it

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He was also horrific two years ago.

He only played one or two games the year he tore the ACL. That may have been three years ago then and the year you are talking about was 2 years ago. 

I checked and he tore his ACL in 2017 and it must have been preseason because he didn't play at all. He started 6 games last year. 

Edited by Golfman

Just now, cannondale said:

Seriously ?

Who out of them really gave us fits the whole game? Allen maybe almost got them back? Jones threw 3 picks, Trubisky threw 2 and had a ton of garbage time yards, Haskins didn't do anything until he  got a garbage time TD, Blough didn't do anything in the 2nd half and threw a horrible pick. Where did we majorly struggle against these guys?

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Who out of them really gave us fits the whole game? Allen maybe almost got them back? Jones threw 3 picks, Trubisky threw 2 and had a ton of garbage time yards, Haskins didn't do anything until he  got a garbage time TD, Blough didn't do anything in the 2nd half and threw a horrible pick. Where did we majorly struggle against these guys?

Those teams are probably a combined 20-60. If you didn't see the struggles, I can't help you. Might want to go re-visit those threads

10 minutes ago, persiandud said:

with the exception of the Giants game we couldn't really put away those other teams. we are not a very good team. the good thing is, having a bye greatly helps your SB chances. 80% of teams going to the SB since 1990 had a bye. 

That's on the offense, we held everyone except the lions 15 points or less. :/

Edited by Gopackgonerd

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Those teams are probably a combined 20-60. If you didn't see the struggles, I can't help you. Might want to go re-visit those threads

Yes a big percentage of the struggles was on offense, I thought we were arguing the QBs vs the defense. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Yes a big percentage of the struggles was on offense, I thought we were arguing the QBs vs the defense. 

Very simply put,  if you struggle against 3-13 teams on a consistent basis (every single game) the chances against a 13-3 team don't seem very good IMO. I don't think that line of thinking is a stretch.

Edited by cannondale

17 minutes ago, persiandud said:

No way I’d want to play the Saints in their dome. They always smoke us there.  They might still do so but we’ve got a better chance with Brees out in cold conditions.  

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Very simply put,  if you struggle against 3-13 teams on a consistent basis (every single game) the chances against a 13-3 team don't seem very good IMO. I don't think that line of thinking is a stretch.

I don't think it is either, I agree we are way too inconsistent against bad teams even. 

I just don't think we really majorly struggled against those guys as much as you think we did is all I'm pointing out.  I also don't think its impossible to stop Drew Brees at our place. I'm more concerned about the offense at this point.