GDT 2017: Week 2 - Browns @ Ravens

drd23

2 hours ago, Danand said:

If the first 2 weeks have taught us anything, it is that we should listen a lot more to what I say, when I talk about the need to draft to the offensive line.

Bring in more fat guys plox

Actually Cincy's OL wouldn't tell you that considering their OTs were a 1st and 2nd round pick, and they were a large part of the problem :P

You need to draft the right Offensive Linemen, not just draft them because you should ;)

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Actually Cincy's OL wouldn't tell you that considering their OTs were a 1st and 2nd round pick, and they were a large part of the problem :P

You need to draft the right Offensive Linemen, not just draft them because you should ;)

we completely agree, but to say we did everything we could to address the oline the last couple of years would be wrong.

13 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I love getting tagged in the game thread, y'all fancy, lls.

Just destroy the Browns. I hate (Yes, only team in any sport that I legit hate because of their fans) I got the Ravens winning 30-3 because reasons. Joe Flacco is going to spin up all the way and throw 3 TDs for 300 yards while our defense eats them alive. And I'll be there to enjoy every minute of it.

Oh stop it, you love our cheeky shenanigans.

Best of luck fellas, here's to an injury free game.

btw, does flaccomania still post?

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh stop it, you love our cheeky shenanigans.

Best of luck fellas, here's to an injury free game.

btw, does flaccomania still post?

Not all Browns fans are bad, but after the celebration of Art Model passing away, I have no use for that team and city. I would say best of luck, but I wouldn't mean it. I do, however, hope for an injury free game on both sides. And I personally haven't seen Mania post in a minute. But I'm not on here a lot like I used to be. I'm sure he's still around somewhere.

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Not all Browns fans are bad, but after the celebration of Art Model passing away, I have no use for that team and city. I would say best of luck, but I wouldn't mean it. I do, however, hope for an injury free game on both sides. And I personally haven't seen Mania post in a minute. But I'm not on here a lot like I used to be. I'm sure he's still around somewhere.

I won't condone cheering a man's death, but I sure didn't shed a tear either.

That dude moved a franchise from a fan based that adored that team.  I'm assuming plenty of Baltimore football fans can relate to that feeling. Most Cleveland fans are more rational than the ones you mentioned. Most, like myself when asked about Model, think "what a doosh" and that's about it. Most didn't cheer his death as we are actually decent people, just like the good folks in Baltimore.

It's just kinda weird though that you feel completely justified in hating and holding a grudge against a group of people for hating and holding a grudge against a person. Kind of ironic really, but that's your choice I suppose.

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I won't condone cheering a man's death, but I sure didn't shed a tear either.

That dude moved a franchise from a fan based that adored that team.  I'm assuming plenty of Baltimore football fans can relate to that feeling. Most Cleveland fans are more rational than the ones you mentioned. Most, like myself when asked about Model, think "what a doosh" and that's about it. Most didn't cheer his death as we are actually decent people, just like the good folks in Baltimore.

It's just kinda weird though that you feel completely justified in hating and holding a grudge against a group of people for hating and holding a grudge against a person. Kind of ironic really, but that's your choice I suppose.

I only feel justified based on what I personally saw. Even on this very forum where people where happy a man DIED. And I'm like, wow, this is only a game. I get it, I truly do. He left a serious void in the city of Cleveland and I understand from that point of view. But to be excited and happy when I man passes away who isn't a criminal for a heinous crime or anything is just off-putting to me, personally. So because of that I'll always root against Cleveland and hope nothing but misery and despair far as the team ever being good and whatnot.

But to get back on topic, go Flacco! The GOAT! The Greatest QB of our time will lay hands on the Browns and blow them out at The Vault. :D 

57 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I only feel justified based on what I personally saw. Even on this very forum where people where happy a man DIED. And I'm like, wow, this is only a game. I get it, I truly do. He left a serious void in the city of Cleveland and I understand from that point of view. But to be excited and happy when I man passes away who isn't a criminal for a heinous crime or anything is just off-putting to me, personally. So because of that I'll always root against Cleveland and hope nothing but misery and despair far as the team ever being good and whatnot.

But to get back on topic, go Flacco! The GOAT! The Greatest QB of our time will lay hands on the Browns and blow them out at The Vault. :D 

You do realize it's not wise to judge an entire fan base on a few douchebags?  A little free advice for you, there are douchebags in Cleveland, there are douchebags in picksburg, there are douchebags in Cincinnati and yes there are douchebags in Baltimore. Life is a ton easier if you realize that people can be stupid but not all are bad. 

Anywho bmore 24 the good guys 9

13 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

That's fine, root away. I will always despise the Ravens because of the Browns' former greedy owner who took a strong a devoted fan base which supported their team for 50 years and  pulled the rug from under their feet. While the city that he went to went through the same thing not all that long ago but welcomed the stolen franchise with open arms and gave excuses why it was fair that he relocated the team and blamed the city and fans of the previous location for the relocation and not the awful failures of the broken man who actually made the move solely for personal financial reasons that weren't caused in any way but the football franchise.

So we both have our reasons. You have no idea how much it hurts me to have to root for the Steelers against another team but by golly here we are when the Ravens and Steelers play each other.

Archived