The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

They are more like a 12-4 #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. This team is legit and arguably the hottest team in the NFL currently along with the Ravens. 

The AFC playoffs are stacked top to bottom and it’s like we have four bye teams with the Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, and Patriots. And the Texans and Bills can hang with anyone. Like I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Texans made the Super Bowl, Watson is a stud. 

Back to the Titans, I don’t see them in the Super Bowl but I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat the Patriots in the WC Round and give the Ravens a real dog fight in the divisional round. Titans vs Ravens in the Divisional Round (if it happens) could be your real AFC Championship. 

Tannehil has secured the bag. Give that man 3 years 34M per year. He was a Top 10 pick for a reason and finally has a real team. No offense Dolphin fans. 

• Like 8

They’re a legit team. Tannehill is playing extremely well and obviously should’ve been the starter all season. Even the Mariota fans (are there any? Other than OD?) are rooting for Ryan at this point. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them knock off NE.

I think they are too buzzy to be honest. They were outplayed by Houston at home in their current iteration. Houston is the "worst" division winner in the AFC. I'd take the Bills over them too. So... 6 seed seems right to me. 

Talk to me if they actually beat NE. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

In the NFC the other 6 seed is Minnesota. I think they are better. Not sure I understand this post. 

Minnesota is also a very solid #6 seed. Both #6 seeds this year are great. But I think the Titans are better than the Vikings. And the point of my post is the Titans are really probably the #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

They’re a legit team. Tannehill is playing extremely well and obviously should’ve been the starter all season. Even the Mariota fans (are there any? Other than OD?) are rooting for Ryan at this point. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them knock off NE.

TEN @ NE is going to be a fantastic game. I’m really 50/50 on that one. My favorite matchup of the WC Round. 

Although Bills @ Texans and Vikings @ NO or SEA will also be pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Minnesota is also a very solid #6 seed. Both #6 seeds this year are great. But I think the Titans are better than the Vikings. And the point of my post is the Titans are really probably the #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. 

They had a chance at winning the division with Tanny at QB:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401128068

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mariota left him little leeway, that’s really not a fair assessment. He had to win almost every game as it is. 

Not counting the ongoing game against the Texans backups, he went 6-3 as a starter. I think the Titans are a legit playoff team, but I don't think this is a very abnormal wild card team. 

36 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If we’re playing the what-if game then the Titans lose Week 10 to a healthy Mahomes lead Chiefs and that still leaves the Titans 11-5 and the 4 seed. 

Titans don't lose to Andy Reid, so probably not. Woulda found some wacky way to win that game regardless.

And the Titans are a solid team. But our defense has been killed by injuries. We might be able to take out New England next weekend, but Baltimore will beat us, and I would say by a solid 10-14 points at that. They're just on another level.

If we can keep our secondary healthy next year and add a pass rusher(and obviously Tannehill keeps it up), we can be a contender. Not this year tho. We're a win 1 playoff game and done at best I think, and that's not even a guarantee having to go to NE.