The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

This is going to take a Herculean coaching effort and a bit of luck for the Patriots to win this one. Such a terrible match up for them. Their defense is going to have to come up with turnovers when it matters. I don't think they can rely on this offense to win the game for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is going to take a Herculean coaching effort and a bit of luck for the Patriots to win this one. Such a terrible match up for them. Their defense is going to have to come up with turnovers when it matters. I don't think they can rely on this offense to win the game for them.

They can when they’re facing the Titans defense.

While the Pats can certainly win this game, and in dominating fashion (Bill is the GamePlan GOAT), I said I predicted the Titans to win 24-20 in the Game Day Thread. To me, this team is like a legit dominant Top 5-7 team under Tannehil. It has a lot to do with Tannehil but even more to do with Mariota. Titans have finished 9-7 four seasons in a row. IMO Mariota is a Bottom 5 QB in the NFL (out of 32 starters). With Tannehil or any Top 10-11ish QB, the Titans records the past four years IMO would be something like: 12-4, 12-4, 11-5, and 10-6.

Edited by BayRaider

On 12/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, BayRaider said:

Minnesota is also a very solid #6 seed. Both #6 seeds this year are great. But I think the Titans are better than the Vikings. And the point of my post is the Titans are really probably the #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. 

We have played 16 games and I still don't know what to think about the Vikings.  They have about as much talent as any team in the league, but they are kind of a Jeckyl & Hyde type of team.  You just never know which side is going to show up come game time.  We lost twice this season in two very winnable games to the Packers.  We lost to the Chiefs when they were playing with their backup QB.   We also failed to show up in the first half of the game against Denver and let them get out to a 20-0 lead, before turning it around in the second half and winning the game.  

I wish I could get really excited about our chances in these playoff games, but so far we haven't beaten any teams that are all that great.  I think we can go on a run, but I'll have to see it before I believe it this year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

TItans have a good D

As of late the pass defense has been extremely suspect...29th (or 30th? I can’t recall exactly) ranked pass defense since Butler went down and over the full course of the season, the 31st ranked red zone defense. Hopefully Adoree being back can help

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

As of late the pass defense has been extremely suspect...29th (or 30th? I can’t recall exactly) ranked pass defense since Butler went down and over the full course of the season, the 31st ranked red zone defense. Hopefully Adoree being back can help

True, but ya very good run D and Adoree coming back

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We have played 16 games and I still don't know what to think about the Vikings.  They have about as much talent as any team in the league, but they are kind of a Jeckyl & Hyde type of team.  You just never know which side is going to show up come game time.  We lost twice this season in two very winnable games to the Packers.  We lost to the Chiefs when they were playing with their backup QB.   We also failed to show up in the first half of the game against Denver and let them get out to a 20-0 lead, before turning it around in the second half and winning the game.  

I wish I could get really excited about our chances in these playoff games, but so far we haven't beaten any teams that are all that great.  I think we can go on a run, but I'll have to see it before I believe it this year.

For years this team has always had this symptom where if our defense played like an elite one for a few weeks then our offense was crap and if our offense was playing at an elite level then our defense has been crap.

We can never seem to have both our offense and defense clicking at the same time.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Watch the Titans win the SB now😂

I don’t they’d win the SB but I think they have a much higher chance than most six seeds of reaching the SB. On the road against the Pats is certainly winnable. On the road against the Ravens where we don’t quite know how their offense will work in the playoffs (not that it can’t, I personally have them reaching the SB), and then on the road against KC who they already beat. 

yall do realize that BB has seen Tannehill a good amount of times?  Im not betting against the Pats especially considering this is Tannehill's first career playoff start.  They will find a way to shut down Tannehill and their run game.

Edited by Texansfan713