The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

How am I just now seeing this thread. 

And why are their 19 pages PRIOR to the Titans v Patriots matchup and only 3 pages since????? Seriously? Were there 19 pages of people talking **** on the Titans that are now hiding after they looked dominant against the presumed best team in the NFL?

I assume you are "just now seeing this thread"* because you are looking for it with the Titans looking the strongest they've looked all year at this moment. Cleveland also looked dominant against the Ravens in one game, that's how the playoffs go. See how long it lasts. It can all go away in one week. 

*allegedly

On 12/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, BayRaider said:

They are more like a 12-4 #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. This team is legit and arguably the hottest team in the NFL currently along with the Ravens. 

The AFC playoffs are stacked top to bottom and it’s like we have four bye teams with the Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, and Patriots. And the Texans and Bills can hang with anyone. Like I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Texans made the Super Bowl, Watson is a stud. 

Back to the Titans, I don’t see them in the Super Bowl but I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat the Patriots in the WC Round and give the Ravens a real dog fight in the divisional round. Titans vs Ravens in the Divisional Round (if it happens) could be your real AFC Championship. 

Tannehil has secured the bag. Give that man 3 years 34M per year. He was a Top 10 pick for a reason and finally has a real team. No offense Dolphin fans. 

The Chiefs Run Defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. Tennesee could be super bowl bound

46 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

The Chiefs Run Defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. Tennesee could be super bowl bound

False,  run D really picked up once we changed up the rotation inside.    Passing to RB’s out of the backfield and you have a great point. 

Tennesse is rolling,  still have to get by Houston first though.

16 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

False,  run D really picked up once we changed up the rotation inside.    Passing to RB’s out of the backfield and you have a great point. 

Tennesse is rolling,  still have to get by Houston first though.

Good point. Chris Jones Ruled Out Today

4 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

In the past year the Raptors won the NBA Championship, the St Louis Blues won the Stanley cup and the Washington Nationals won the Stanley cup. All three had never won a championship prior, and all overcame long odds to do it.

I was hoping that it would be the Vikings overcoming long odds to win their first Super Bowl, but it is clear today that the honor this year will be the Titans.

The Raptors has the #2 seed and homecourt in the Finals. What the Titans are doing so far is more impressive.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 5:14 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

If we’re playing the what-if game then the Titans lose Week 10 to a healthy Mahomes lead Chiefs and that still leaves the Titans 11-5 and the 4 seed. 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, Bearerofnews said:

No way. Chiefs worse matchups in the entire league are Ravens, 49ers and Titans. I think Titans have Chiefs number.

This will definitely be put to the test..... 

On 12/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, amazingandre said:

lol the goal is to win divisions and make the playoffs and fight for a Super Bowl. In 19 years you've won the division twice. Your organization is garbage. Just admit it so we can move on to better teams. 

Ahh this quote is the gift that keeps on giving. One organization is on to the AFCCG. The other organization gave some guy named BoB GM duties and blew a 24 point lead in the divisional round after mortgaging the team’s future. You should be in hiding forever. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Ahh this quote is the gift that keeps on giving. One organization is on to the AFCCG. The other organization gave some guy named BoB GM duties and blew a 24 point lead in the divisional round after mortgaging the team’s future. You should be in hiding forever. 

imagine being the only team in the afc south without an afc championship game appearance in the last 6 years (or ever, but i digress). couldn’t be us!

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

imagine being the only team in the afc south without an afc championship game appearance in the last 6 years (or ever, but i digress). couldn’t be us!

Oooooooooooooo Yeah.  Jags got one of them!!!

Literally a dumpster fire that has missed the playoffs in every single other one of the years in the last decade and then half the one before that.  But man, what a team that was, by accident, for one lucky year!!!  Go Jags.  So proud.  Very much pride.

It's okay though, they're taking a very patient, stable approach.  Trust the process.

On 29/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Wouldn't get too crazy with Tennessee's status as a whole.  

I do agree about Tannehill though. 

He's one of the rare cases in which a QB improves with a different team.  

But, it could easily just be a one year fluke too.  

He's always had a lot of talent.  He was extremely raw coming out though, and it's definitely taken him a while "figure it out".  He's in the right fit, with a team that can protect him and flatter his abilities now.  Which i don't know that he ever really had in Miami, even while he was "learning".  He's matured so much as a QB though, and i thought that had become apparent even in the Miami mess hes was mired in.  I was out there on the Jaguars forum campaigning for him all offseason.  He was the guy i wanted to give a shot to, over Foles or Flacco.

I do think Miami have to be careful about what they pay him, and how long they pay him for.  He's a good QB in the right situation, but he's not going to carry a team.  You need to make sure to spend your money and draft assets refreshing the strengths of the team and the things that make a middling guy like Tannehill work as a QB.  If those other things start to atrophy because you paid Tannehill too much, with too much commitment, you could end up Bortles'd in a hurry.  Though Tannehill is a better QB than Bortles and always has been...it's the same sinkhole you could fall into, trusting and projecting his results beyond what they actually show.