The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

On 12/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, amazingandre said:

lol the goal is to win divisions and make the playoffs and fight for a Super Bowl. In 19 years you've won the division twice. Your organization is garbage. Just admit it so we can move on to better teams. 

Although I dislike your team, I am rooting for you this coming week....you're welcome

Going by win percentage the Titans are a way better team than Houston if we start from 1999 onward which is the Titans inaugural season and 2002 which is Texans inaugural season. From the Titans inaugural season 1999 through the present day they are tied for 10th in wins,11th in win percentage and since we are being fair here we are going by win percentage since the Texans began in 2002 they are 23rd in win percentage. Also the Texans have NEVER been to the AFC Championship game and the Titans are about to make their 3rd appearance and are aiming for a 2nd Super Bowl appearance another place the Texans have NEVER been. As far as division titles the Titans have won 3 since '99 but have made the postseason 8 times and have 9 playoff victories which is not bad at all and better than the Texans who started up only 3 years after the Titans.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:18 AM, wackywabbit said:

I assume you are "just now seeing this thread"* because you are looking for it with the Titans looking the strongest they've looked all year at this moment. Cleveland also looked dominant against the Ravens in one game, that's how the playoffs go. See how long it lasts. It can all go away in one week. 

*allegedly

I didn't just now look for anything. It was on the "NFL News" section on the right when you look at the forums in the browser on a desktop or laptop and I usually use my mobile device.

But go on with your wild accusations for absolutely zero reason lmfao.

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He's always had a lot of talent.  He was extremely raw coming out though, and it's definitely taken him a while "figure it out".  He's in the right fit, with a team that can protect him and flatter his abilities now.  Which i don't know that he ever really had in Miami, even while he was "learning".  He's matured so much as a QB though, and i thought that had become apparent even in the Miami mess hes was mired in.  I was out there on the Jaguars forum campaigning for him all offseason.  He was the guy i wanted to give a shot to, over Foles or Flacco.

I do think Miami have to be careful about what they pay him, and how long they pay him for.  He's a good QB in the right situation, but he's not going to carry a team.  You need to make sure to spend your money and draft assets refreshing the strengths of the team and the things that make a middling guy like Tannehill work as a QB.  If those other things start to atrophy because you paid Tannehill too much, with too much commitment, you could end up Bortles'd in a hurry.  Though Tannehill is a better QB than Bortles and always has been...it's the same sinkhole you could fall into, trusting and projecting his results beyond what they actually show.

Yeah, I don't think Tennessee is ready just yet to work up a long term contract with Tannehill.  

They could decide to offer a hefty extension after a few years or so.  

Tennessee's draft assets should be centered around Derrick Henry  right now.  That means they should prioritize their offensive line and draft lineman who are well equipped to run block.  

And, even though it's not the smartest idea to invest so much into the running game, I think Derrick Henry is an exception and a safe bet.  

He's definitely the most resilient three-down halfback the NFL has seen in a long time.  

Right now, Tannehill's one of those guys who just needs to avoid mistakes, and he'll improve with time.

But, I wouldn't have taken him over Joe Flacco in his prime.  No way.  

I think I’ve proved my point here. I don’t need to predict the Titans in the AFCCG. I’ve been saying since November they are AFCCG sleepers, not Super Bowl sleepers. 

I still think they would of been the #2 seed above the Chiefs if they started Tannehil all season. However, beating KC twice in KC is going to be ridiculously difficult. 

I’m 50/50 on that game. But the Titans have proven the theory that they are not a real #6 seed. Mariota really set them back, he is terrible. That Pass Offense, Run Offense, and Run Defense are all money. They do need to address secondary in the off season. They are also the most physical team in the league if you count both offense and defense. That Defense is ridiculously physical (#3 behind Buffalo and SF in physicality imo) and Henry and that OL are physical punch you in the mouth type players. They are built for playoff football. 

Congrats Titans Fans, this should be a solid team going forward. Texans with a new HC and fixed OL would also be a juggernaught powerhouse in the AFC though, so watch out for that.  

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 5

On 12/31/2019 at 10:15 PM, DingoLadd said:

People really falling for Tannehill having a decent stretch and Vrabel lucking into a playoff spot thinking they can somehow take on the patriots amuses me to no end. 

Well I was wrong and I'll gladly eat that cake.

Congrats to the Titans and their lucky streak. 

8 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:
On 12/31/2019 at 7:15 PM, DingoLadd said:

People really falling for Tannehill having a decent stretch and Vrabel lucking into a playoff spot thinking they can somehow take on the patriots amuses me to no end. 

Well I was wrong and I'll gladly eat that cake.

how can you say this ^^^ and then say this \/\/\/

8 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Titans and their lucky streak.

So much salt 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, N4L said:

how can you say this ^^^ and then say this \/\/\/

So much salt 

.....Salt about what? I'm a chargers fan I have no stake in the titans sucking. I was wrong and the titans got lucky and hot at the right time. 

The titans played a Texans team resting starters thus giving them an easy win to get into the playoffs, then played the weakest patriots team in a decade and barely squeaked out a win.

Granted they played well against baltimore how much of that is the Titans having a good game vs. the ravens being asleep at the wheel? 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Clearly you don't know @DingoLadd.

Sometimes he is feeling like dingo, sometimes like dongo. It offers great versatility in his words. 

My words of Wisdom have only killed two people so I'd say listening to me is a solid idea.

Speaking of which, any mafia games coming up soon? I wanna unleash the Dongo onto some scum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

the Titans having a good game vs. the ravens being asleep at the wheel? 

Driving into a hurricane, an electricity pole punches through the windshield and buries it self into the driver's face, who has now been pushed into the back seat = 'asleep at the wheel.'

giphy.gif

On 12/29/2019 at 5:50 PM, BayRaider said:

They are more like a 12-4 #2 seed if Tannehil started all season. This team is legit and arguably the hottest team in the NFL currently along with the Ravens. 

The AFC playoffs are stacked top to bottom and it’s like we have four bye teams with the Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, and Patriots. And the Texans and Bills can hang with anyone. Like I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Texans made the Super Bowl, Watson is a stud. 

Back to the Titans, I don’t see them in the Super Bowl but I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat the Patriots in the WC Round and give the Ravens a real dog fight in the divisional round. Titans vs Ravens in the Divisional Round (if it happens) could be your real AFC Championship. 

Tannehil has secured the bag. Give that man 3 years 34M per year. He was a Top 10 pick for a reason and finally has a real team. No offense Dolphin fans. 

This was a good call.

Should I make my next bold prediction, that would look absolutely awful if it doesn’t hit? 

Redskins with Chase Young, and Alex Smith taking over Week 4-5 after a dreadful Haskins start (like one of the worst ever/Mariota status) leads the Redskins to 12-4, #1 seed, beats the Niners in the NFC Championship, and defeats the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl. 

Not making that yet but I can certainly see it happening. The Skin Roster isn’t bad at all. I picked them to win the division in 2018 when Smith broke his leg. And they would have if he didn’t 100%. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Should I make my next bold prediction, that would look absolutely awful if it doesn’t hit? 

Redskins with Chase Young, and Alex Smith taking over Week 4-5 after a dreadful Haskins start (like one of the worst ever/Mariota status) leads the Redskins to 12-4, #1 seed, beats the Niners in the NFC Championship, and defeats the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl. 

Not making that yet but I can certainly see it happening. The Skin Roster isn’t bad at all. I picked them to win the division in 2018 when Smith broke his leg. And they would have if he didn’t 100%. 

Speaking of bold prediction

My bold prediction is Gruden and the Raiders sign Mariota to be his new reclamation project ala Rich Gannon.:P

Edited by TitanSlim